Need some help with soreness when I have a period

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I was diagnosed with LS by examination by my gyne just a month ago after suffering for about 18 months. I am using a course of steroid cream plus Eumaid for Washing, lubricants for intercourse. Not perfect but is helping. My problem is I’m 53 still have regular periods more or less! Can anyone advise on anything that helps with the soreness around the area. It’s a vicious circle( even using tampons feels chaffed) 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried a menstrual cup?
    • Posted

No I haven’t just been reading up some organic ones. Just wondering whether I would get in a pickle inserting one 🙈

• Posted

Hi Su , hopefully the soreness will go when you have completed your steroid course. Mine did . In fact doctor is really pleased with me . I was sore  inside and she gave me estradiol vaginal tablets and cream for outside . Just started using it so don’t know effects yet .  Maybe because you are still having periods you won’t need it . Persevere with steroid ointment and you should be ok . I used cetraben for moisturiser. 
    • Posted

Thanks Jacqueline sounds very promising. Keeping positive about it and find the info on here helpful. I do get a little sore in side obviously my hormones are changing so it’s a little trial and error with some moisturisers trying MD replen. I will look at the one you have mentioned .
  • Posted

Hi Su, if your feeling sore inside then I would stop using tampons, apart from anything else the toxic chemicals that are often used to produce these products aren't good for people with LS.

• Posted

I'm 53 too.  I have already gone through menopause.  I was actually diagnosed back in 2008.  I'm pretty sure I had LS before that.  Presently I use clobetasol, oral and topical estrogen.  Those should help you.  I agree with the others not to use tampons.  Avoid any friction or having things touch that area.  I also use a barrier (Vaseline) before and after urination.  Drinking lots of water helps me too.  Avoiding sweat and synthetic fibers helps as well.

• Posted

Thanks  ladies Im going to Purchase a vaginal cup and give it a go im finding tampons unbearable. I have smeared on some Vaseline for now!! 
  • Posted

Hi Su02- I am 47, still get period every 28 days. I switched to 100% organic tampons from Veeda, and 100% organic pantyliners from rael and Veeda. I use v- magic to help lube during intercourse, I wash afterward ( right away! Get that man juice off! 🙄🙄wink with Cetaphil or Emuaid moisturizing bar. After we are finushed abd I clean up, I put emuaid on my parts and my steroid on any white ir fusing parts. 

Hope this helps! 

• Posted

Thanks Karen that’s great help I will try these organic ones👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.