Need some hope

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just want to know it's normal to feel worse when you first start med just gone up from 3/4 tablet to whole tablet of 10mg after week om citalopram. As when tried sertraline was awful gave me new symptoms and made me feel awful. Just want to know it's worth waiting it out and there is some hope. All this corona stuff not helping either just feel need to be on full tablet with everything going on. Felt quite weird yesterday when went up to whole tablet.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi there

hope I can help ☺ yes the Celexa works if u give it the time of 3 month or so

It's for some people less and others more again it works and takes time slow working meds sorry to tell u

I'm on week 14 and still have bad days and low and anxiety but I also have better days ☺ so I know this works u just have to give it it's time

it gets on the beginning worse before it gets better 😡

u on 10 MG now for how long ? Stay on it and wait it out please ☺

yes with what's going on around the world with the virus makes it not easy on us with anxiety and side effects from are meds

here for u if u need more info

we here to help each other amen , how are u holding up today

babsyboo

• Posted

Thanks babsyboo I had to cut down to 5 mg did start on 5 then upped to 10 which made me really anxious only just over a week. Haven't helped myself by switching meds with doctors encouragement I know. Had real meltdown yesterday but again probably my fault as did take a zopiclone night before which I won't do again. Yes allthe corona stuff doesn't help no one wants to see you and now where to go for a distraction as everywhere shut. Just ordered some jigsaws to try distract my brain!!!!

• Posted

Jigsaws are a great distraction as apparently they use both sides of the brain simultaneously. I was convinced I was never going to get better and I have.

• Posted

How long did it take you to improve? Just trying things to fill day with this enforced isolation. Get anxious even going for a walk. Been doing tapestries, and decorating, the current situation making things worse. I seem very sensitive to meds so think will stay on 5mg for a while.

• Posted

Hi, I increased my dose of citalopram from 20mg to 40mg and my mirtazapine to 30mg from 15mg three weeks later. I have a history of recurring depression. It took about 8 weeks for me to notice big improvements. Self isolation is hard on your mental health at the best of times but even harder when you are particularly struggling. Stay safe x

• Posted

I'm very sensitive to meds when took 10mg felt very weird. Mine caused by zopiclone withdrawal never had anything before. Only about 10 days in had awful day Satuday then almost normal yesterday and bit anxious again today did you get that at first. Yes this isolation horrible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.