Need Some Inspiration

Posted , 4 users are following.

In January '17 I was diagnosed with Lyme. Positive for antibodies and positive Western Blot. I was having crazy symptoms by the time I was diagnosed so I am sure I had it for a while. Waking up with heart palpitations, hearing sensitivty, wonky vision. And was feeling sick every day. Not much joint pain.

Anyway, did 28 days on Doxy.Finished mid-Feb. Since then I have seen improvement in sleep, vision, nosie sensivity. But, I feel exhausted all the time and I have severe tinnitus that developed the second week on the Doxy.

I am told that more antibiotics won't help and that I have to give my immune system more time to calm down. Can anyone say that they started to feel better by month four or six or twelve, etc?

I need some inspiration. Some hope to hold on to. This past saturday was my best day, but then Sunday I crashed. I feel depleted again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i was diagnosed with Lymes in September 2016.  I am still unwell with this now and have had 5 seperare occassion where i needed antibiotics to fight a secondary infection caused by my immune system being very low.

My symptons are:-

cronic fatigue

painful joints

heart palpitations

good days then followed by bad days

I am just at my wits end not knowing how londg this will continue for!!!

Hope this helps

• Posted

Sorry to here you're still struggling. This is not inspiring me. sad

Hope you see better days soon.

• Posted

I am sorry, I do find it hard that no one seems to know what to do with people who suffer with it and also how long we have to suffer!!!

I don't know anyone around me in Plymouth who has it or had it to talk too.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

My research is convincing me this is an autoimmune disorder and not an ongoing infection. It takes time it seems for the body to calm down after fighting so hard to keep the intital infection in check for so long. It seems pretty consistenly that people who had late stage seem to recover (mostly recover) after a fews years from initial treatment. Many continue abx, but almost all say they stopped after a few years and pursued alternative therapies, which makes me think it just takes time for the body's immune system to recover.

I am not convinced at this point long-term abx is what has gotten the person better. But, each person is different and feels this disorder differently so it isn't fair for me to say if time worked for them or long-term abx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.