Need some reassurance and advice please

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hey, 

So I've wrote on this page several times now and just need some more reassurance or anyone that can relate or help with tips really. 

Basically my story is I've suffered with anxiety for about 2 years now, tried sertraline last year and it wasn't for me so been dealing with it by myself now for about a year and a half no medication. 

Anyway recently my symptoms seem to be constantly changing and getting worse. I'm stressed out from it and I know I'm only making myself worse. The symptoms I'm suffering from at the moment are a really tight chest in the evening, I'm usually fine through the day, eyes are sensitive to light, trouble staying asleep & generally aching all over and having no energy. Also a dull inner chest shaking feeling. Can anyone relate to this? I feel as well that I get out of breath really easy to, but I don't know if that's because im monitoring my breathing? 

I've had bloods done, ECG, HOLTER MONITOR, chest x ray and blood pressure done. All clear. Where do I go from here? I generally feel that I can't go on like this. I feel like it isn't going to end. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks a lot, 

Daniel. 

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi daniel...dont worry at all...I was in a very bad situation before 8 months...if I count all my symptoms its like they will never end...after many check up with different doct one told me u gonna fight it by your own..or by medicine u choose. ..and for sure I said to myself im strong enough I can go through all this without any medicine just by going out eating healthy...and all will pass...and so I did...3 months one by one...I stoped working and going everyday to the beach,trying shopping,talking with friends,eating onlyy healthy food and all the meals...and u know what happend...??!!

Not only I coudnt get better but I became worseee...my symptoms get increased to that level that I started experience derealisation,Coudnt go anymore outside without someone next to me...feeling im gonna fall in front of others...blurred vision...Itchey burning eyes sensation,my head feeling it was not connected to my body at all...till finally I gave up and said yeah I do need a medication otherwise I cant live anymore like this...and then finally I went to a doct which one of my friends recommended to me...he listen carefully to all my story and he said without this treatment u cant be well...u have a brain imbalance and if u dont fix it just by itself u can make it...so I went through this treatment. ..it was for 3 to 6 months...I have mentioned to some other comments as well...it was a combo of prozac,propranolol,clonazepam...the dosage your doctor should arrange depending on symptoms level...so thats was myyy best step I ever did..I was till that point like life doesn't have any meaning...there wil never be an end from all these...but yeahhh there issss....trust me...there is...this is just a stupid thing playing with our minds and fooling us...but when u are on medications u gonna learn how to deal with all this anxiety and panic feelings...but right now on the condition u r cant deal with it...u cant understand and fight it...u need a help to relieve this symptoms and by your own you gonna go out of all this...

And sure in the mean time eveb when u r in meds u should eat healthy food...regular meals...sleep on time...going out on fresh air even 20 min walk it doesnt matter...its not an easy way to go through but yeahhhh there is a beautiful light in the end...as per your case I would recommend prozac or paxil are one of the best treatments for this kind of symptoms. ..first month u gonna feel maybe to sleepy,tired,no energy, but dont give up...in the second month u gonna see the improvement I insure u...and be positive. ..alwaysss!!!

• Posted

Hi, Daniel91307,

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. Everyone has some excellent input on here. I, too, agree that right now your best bet is to tackle the anxiety issue itself first and foremost. It seems to be what's causing the discomfort and low quality sleep. Ask your doctor to try a different medication, since you've only tried one and everyone responds differently. Make some healthier lifestyle changes too, most definitely! I'm always here. Unfortunately I know anxiety too well. However, you can overcome. 

Take care

• Posted

I'm right there with you Daniel.  Sharp chest pains at night, eyes light sensitive, and no energy.  I also feel like I get winded easily more lately.  The newest feeling is pins and needles randomly throughout my body in the last few weeks

The only thing that relaxes me during the evenings is Xanax which puts be right to sleep.  Been on Zoloft for a few years and it just isn't cutting it anymore

What I came to a conclusion on this evening, almost every year about this time things go very south for me.  Dark in the morning, dark driving home. I'm trying to get into my GP to see what he thinks we can try. A few years ago he also put me on Welbutrion and I think it helped, but I stopped taking it towards spring time.

Youre not alone, the feelings that we deal with makes day to day life difficult.  The only time I feel great is when my mind is focused on something I enjoy.  Unfortunately being able to sustain that balance is impossible with the responsibilities of life.  

Try to find things to keep your mind positive.. 

• Posted

I'm pretty much the same right now, no medication or nothing. I've just been surrounding myself with things that make me happy. Like reading, or my family. It doesn't always help, but you should give it a try. Or maybe start seeing a counselor? Don't give up.

<3 Less than three <3  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.