Need some reassurance. Positive citalopram stories?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been on Cit.for about two years now. I was on 10 for about a year my anxiety came back I upped it to 20mg then 30mg after about 2 months and started feeling better again. Now here I am again with awful anxiety I can't eat,focus,feel generally just sick,sweating,shaking,etc you know plus the intrusive anxious symptom scanning I'm sure everybody knows all too well. It's lasted about a week so I called my doctor she said go up to 40mg. Last night was my first night taking 40. I've beat this before and I know I can beat it again I guess I just want to hear from somebody else that's it's going to be alright and that after a while they had to increase they're dose and it worked. I also take. 25 of klonopin in the morning and at night but I dont know if it's really helping rolleyes

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kain

Sorry I haven't upped I was on 10mg of Citalopram then went to 15 after 5 weeks and been on this for just over 3 months now and feel back to normal but did have all them symptoms when starting the meds. I'm sure other people will reply though and hope you feel better soon I'm sure you will and I'm so glad I stuck with it

• Posted

Hi kain...I also started on 10...upped to 20 after 5 days as my symptoms started to come back....was great for 2 months...then back on that roller coaster so upped to 30mg....after 8 weeks on 30 I got the flu 😔 Felt dreadful and my symptoms of panic...anxiety...brain fog...confusion started to rear its ugly head again...I begged my go to up me to 40 but he refused...he said it was just a blip and to give it at least 4 weeks!! (Easily said than done as he wasn't the one suffering) I was just going to ignore his advice and up my dose anyway!! But I didn't...and it passed after about 10 horrendous days!! Touch wood I have been fine since!! Apparently sometimes you have to expect these blips!! They shouldn't last longer than 2 weeks apparently...so my only advice to you would be if you have any of these blips...stick with it sugar...hope you are feeling good soon x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response. Today is my second day taking 40 and I never felt this bad when going from 10-20-30
  • Posted

Hi Kain.  Keep positive they do work and work well.  I was on 20 for years (about5) then reduced to 10!then did a silly thing and thought I was fine and stopped. I went back on to 20 had terrible side effects shaking fuzzy head etc. I stayed with it and now jogging on with life steadily with no effects whatsoever.  Don't give up, think if they can do it so can I.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi kain

How are things going?

I've been on 40mg for 2weeks. Side effects not been great and feel needy at the moment.

I joined this forum for support and advice and have received it!

Everyone on here are dealing with the same issues so I'm sure someone can offer advice..

All I can offer is you are not alone in your struggles. If I can answer any of your queries then just ask.

Good luck 🍀

• Posted

Hey Zoe I'm not doing great today but I know these things take time so I'm just trying to go with the flow as of right now. I've been through this when I first started 2 years ago so I know it will get better it's just a struggle.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, but like you said you have been there before and will improve. Are you having side effects or is it the anxiety that is troublesome? Any counselling or GBT?

Are you able to rest up and wait it out?

• Posted

I'm not positive if it's my anxiety or side effects rolleyes tricky stuff medication is.

• Posted

You can say that again! 😬

I've been upped quite quickly so I don't know what's what.

When I thought side effects had settled on 30 but only felt OK my GP said that wasn't good enough and upped them again.

It's just a waiting game.

• Posted

Just spoke with my doctor and they want to see were to go from here so im going to see her tomorrow. I've been on citalopram for 2 years and I'm kind of nervous about switching to something else but I think that's what she wants to do. I'm hoping to ask about a increase in the .25 klonopin I take but I'm not sure she's going to want to do that. rolleyes

• Posted

You know, sometimes even after a year you can get a setback.  If something stressful has happened in your life it can resurface.  Easy for me to say this, but know not easy to do ...... but when you have anxiety out of the blue, understand that something has caused it to resurface, so try and let those feelings be there, relax towards it whilst going about your day.  Recoiling from it only reinforces the anxiety, which then adds more anxiety and avoidance.  I know this is no easy thing to deal with - I had my share of it for years.

It will be alright - and as you says, you've beaten this before and so you'll do it again.

• Posted

Hey Kate after 4 days of feeling awful my doctor advised me to go back to 30 and start taking 1mg of klonopin a day. I hope to see an improvement.
    • Posted

Sorry, seem to have missed your last post.  How are you doing after increasing back to 30mg?  It might still take some time before things settle and your body adjusts.  Hope its going ok.

K x

• Posted

Hey Kate I actually went back up to 40 I want to give it its full run because I never felt better back on 30.
    • Posted

Sounds good biggrin  If you feel better on 40mg then a good idea to go back to it.  Let us know how it goes xx

• Posted

Hi kain

In on week 5 at 40mg. Things are settling.

You will get there.

• Posted

Thanks guys I went back to work it's tough but one day at a time.

• Posted

Honestly zoe considering how fast they increased you I would say your doing great. My increase was really slow about 10mg a year lol. I honestly had a huge scare the past few days my boss took me off the schedule completely and the secretary wouldn't tell me if I was fired or not all I knew was the boss wanted to meet today at 1. I freaked out called him at 11 and was like please don't fire me. He was like fire you? I'll come pick you up we'll go for a ride. Find out he just wanted to know the best way to deal with my anxiety lol.

• Posted

Sounds like a good boss 😀

Do you have family and friends who can help you through this difficult time? How are you today?

• Posted

My mom tries to help but doesn't really understand but it's ok she tries lol and ive been better one day at a time they say. How are you today?

• Posted

As long as I keep busy I'm OK.

My side effects are certainly less. Still wake alittle anxious but if I get up straight away it lessens.

I usually leave the dishes overnight so I have something to do first thing.

My appetite during the day still isn't great but I make up for it in the evening. I always feel like a different person by evening.

Have your side effects subsided? Are you 2weeks in?

• Posted

I don't know if they are even there honestly or if it's just my anxiety ya know? At night I can relax easier....like i keep saying to myself one day at a time...always forwards never backwards.

• Posted

I havnt worked really been counting i think this is day 4.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.