Need some support getting adjusted to effexor xr 150mgs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all.. first week and 1/2 of 2nd week were withdrawl weeks from 225mgs to 150mgs. The end of 2nd week into 3rd was great felt like my old self again starting to come thru..by Saturday of last week I started getting worse with my anxiety (sick with brochitis n pre week of period).. I got it on Saturday of this week.. 3rd day into my period n I still feel like crap.. anxious all the time n dizzy.. the dizziness is what is killing me.. if it wasn't for that I think I would be so much better.. I do take .5mgs 3x a day of xanax until the medicine takes full effect.. but I'm afraid if the medicine is ever gonna work for me or I just had a bad couple of weeks bc of period n being sick.. n once it's all over I will start to feel better again. .I can't even think of changing antidepressants at this time I've been thru hell switching back n forth since november. I'm so mentally tired of all this anxiety crap.. I'm so over it.. is the dizziness gonna go away n anxious feeling all the time.. I hate taken xanax but I know I need it to bridge over to this medication otherwise I would be in the er every day.. please any support from people getting adjusted to effexor n how long does it take to get back to normal.. please help very depressed over this all.. thank in advance for your help..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey. I have been there. Am there for ya but just wana understand your reasons for tapering down. X
    • Posted

It was too much the doctor said that old doctor shouldn't have put me up that high should've stayed at 150mgs for at least 6 weeks to see if it was working..I have panic disorder.. how long does it take for it to work on anxiety.. the side effects are so annoying
    • Posted

Ps, beautiful name! My last name is Russo! And guess what? Under a bit of pressure with next baby's name! ReneƩ Russo! Listen. U r doing great! Don't let ppl tell u otherwise! Some days this venlafaxine makes me feel able to take the world on. Other days (like at the wk end when monthly came and toddler having the worse terrible twos ever happened) I just wanted to curl up in a ball! Have a cuppa and try to relax. I know it's easier said than done but u have shared ur feelings tonight and that is one heck of a hurdle to jump over! Well done for expressing it and not bottling it up! U should be proud of yourself x
    • Posted

Thank u mosey84 .. yes renee is a family name.. that's sounds beautiful renee Russo I love it.. I'm trying to stay strong but my brain plays tricks on me.. anxiety n panic disorder suck.. I just want to feel like I did the other week again. Is that a good sign the medicine is working? I just feel like by 5 weeks I should be feeling 100 x better.. they do say 6 to 8 weeks but I was hoping it would be sooner.. how long did it take u to know the medicine n doseage were right ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.