Need some urgent reassurance!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I'm having one of the worst anxiety days I've had in a long time! Back a few months ago when I was convinced I had a brain tumour I was obsessed with wanting CT scans and MRI but my doctor and parents wouldn't let me cus my bloodtests and urine tests ect had come back clear but I still wasn't satisfied and then I copped on to it but today because my anxiety is very bad I feel extremely dizzy and lightheaded and unbalanced and the throughts of a brain tumour or some kind of brain cancer are coming back to my mind.. I'm again convinced there's something wrong with my brain, but people are telling me that would've been ruled out by blood work? Or will I need to get a ct scan or MRI to confirm it?? Need some reassurance please😞

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

I'm going through exactly the same thing sad I have health anxiety and am convinced I've got a brain tumor ! I have chr
    • Posted

Chronic neck pain and have been headachy and twitchy which my doc says is down to stress and the only thing that came back in my blood test was "inflammation" which they aren't worried about. I'm convinced I have every illness under the sun and am particularly worried about cancer. I've never felt so ill sad 
    • Posted

Really😞 I copped on to it ages ago I was doing fine and then bam today I'm back to square 1 thinking it's my brain and not anxiety😞 
    • Posted

I've got it in my head that they should do a full body scan to check for tumors, I'm only 20 but convinced I've got cancer. It's really getting me down 
    • Posted

Me too I have all them symptoms too and I get lightheaded and dizzy and I can never sit still! Me too I found a few bruises on my legs and straight away thought it was cancer! That's how bad I am😞 when really it's from smacking my knees off the ground cus I have a bottom locker in school lol and I'm only 17 and I think I can diagnose myself and think I know things when compared to a trained proffessional doctor I know absolutely nothing! Yeah I'm almost 100% sure they can rule out everything by a simple blood test and find an abnormality or cancer in your blood and that's when you'd get referred a ct scan x
  • Posted

None of you guys have cancer or brain tumour it's anxiety I have all the same symptoms n have done for months n it just won't shift I had a mri n it came bk fine that calmed me down for awhile but now it's bk sad
    • Posted

I kept asking, but my mum has Ms n I was totally freaking bout that so in the end they sent me for one x
    • Posted

I wish I could get one but then it could make my anxiety worse by just the experience of it yeno? Are they scary? Do you get the results back straight away?x
    • Posted

It is rather scary it makes alot of strange noises and no I had to wait for results x
    • Posted

I'd say so😞 that's mad I thought the results would've came back straight away x
  • Posted

If this has happened to you before...think of the last time, why did you start feeling better?  Did you have cancer then?  Do you honestly think you do now?  I have the same stuff going on...I try my hardest to remind myself that a few months ago I was thinking the same stuff, yet I'm still here.  Never had to go to the hospital, wanted to but didn't need to.  Even today I'm still anxious and a wreck, but we need to just tell ourselves to let go of the sh*t that ain't real and focus on life!  Your only 17 and have a long long life ahead of you!  I'm 35 and have kids that need me around and will have me around.  And I have lots to look forward to in raising them.  Does that cure my thoughts and anxiety??  No, but it kinda helps...that "kinda" is better than not at all!  Focus on events coming up, even if it's just tonight..(what's for dinner, is there a game to go to, what's on tv, go for a walk, put on your favorite clothes to relax in, don't wear any clothes...lol, do what makes you feel good inside and out.  Distractions are good, but keep em coming!!!  Good luck to you, I'd like to hear updates as the day and week goes along.  I'm happy to share my experiences with you as well.  get a hold of me! - Adam
  • Posted

i feel for you all, as i too go through this everyday with same thoughts of different illnesses but always worse case scenario, i am having CBT at the moment and really hoping it helps, i have pins and needles all the time and it stresses me out totally, but the doctor thinks it my meds and stress. about 6 years ago i convinced myself i had all the symtons of a brain tumour, i used to check my reflexes etc to see if they had changed.it started when i heard of someone who had been diagosed with one, just to say even though i was so convinced i had one, i am still here now 6 years later and i am sure if it was one i wouldnt be!! i have wasted 23 years worrying everyday about being ill and dying, and when i think of all the special occasions and holidays i have ruined for myself and other people by my terrible thoughts, it make me sad that i do that to myself. i struggle every day with it, today i have been sat convinced i have allsorts like MS etc. we cant All have All these terrible things we have, it is our safety net to believe it in order to either prepare ourselves or in the hope it stops us from really getting it.  i hope you all find some peacefull thoughts. x
    • Posted

Hi belinda thank you for replying! That really did help me as I'm the same I've had myself c
    • Posted

Convinced I had a brain tumour since January so I think If I did have one id know well by now or not even be here you know? X
    • Posted

Lightheadedness, pressure, rushes, random pains, foggy, squeezing feeling n blurred vision x
    • Posted

I get the exact same! Do your rushes kinda give you a sense of panick? Cus mine do x
    • Posted

Yeah me too😞 do you feel fullness in your ears or get ringing in your ears??x
    • Posted

No don't have that hun but I get blurred vision n very shakey n on edge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.