Need someone to explain to me~

Posted , 2 users are following.

"Section shows an inflamed fibrous stroma with breached surface squamous epithelium (epidermis). The stroma shows an admixture of fibroblasts, minial new blood vessels, neutrophils, lymphocytes, histiocytes, and scattered individual foreign body-type touton giant cells. No caseation necrosis or fungal colony seen."

I get this report from my doctor today. This specimen is from my left groin abscess. I not very understand what my doctor explain to me. So i come here to seek anyone to explain to me. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Maybe someone here will be able to give you an answer but I would suggest calling your doctor tomorrow and telling them you are not sure you understand what they told you. I did this too when I had an abscess and the consultant was very good and took the time to explain things to me in a way I could understand better. I really think the doctor or one of their staff will be happy to help if you contact them. They really are the best person to ask for your situation. Good luck, I hope you are better soon. KR

• Posted

Thanks~ Today I have meet my doctor again and he explained to me again about what the report wrote. But still I not 100% understand what he trying to said.. my doctor said foreign-body maybe caused by my panty >.<  but I told him this thingy follow me quite long till now then i remove coz the wound hole... cant recover/close after 1 month T_T.

• Posted

Good for you Selphie85 it is not easy to go back and ask, good he gave you his time. 

I am not 100% sure what you mean but it is possible your undwear is causing irritation. Clothes sometimes do this to me too. 

if I have an abscess it means I have an infection. If I have an infection why is my body not fighting the infection? My immune system may not be strong enough to fight it. How do I improve my immune system? The way I do this is  with diet. Eat lots and lot and lots of vegetables, lots of water, some fruit, nuts and Protein is important too. 

Maybe be your diet is already good, so diet is not always the answer to heal an abscess but it might be worth a try. 

Hopefully my explanation makes sense. happy to try to answer any other questions you may have. Get well soon 

• Posted

Thank you so much for ur reply and answer~ I will try my best~ and wish the "foreign-body" no more coming back~

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.