Need someone to talk to i am very scared :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have always had irregular periods however the last 2 monts they seemed fairly normal - A few days before i started my period this time i had a headache which is normal.. I have since started having kidney pain,lower back pain and buttock and hip pain ( side of my bum) i am on day 5 of bleeding and the pain seems to moved to my belly button and groin i have been crying all week with countless trips to A&E i am hopefully having an ultra sound.. I am peterided to the core i have ovary advanced cancer and really need to speak to someone i am 25  

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

More than likely, you don't have ovary cancer, and definitely not in the advanced stages, you would have seen other symptoms before now. Having periods are not uncommon, there are many causes..cysts, polyps, stress, etc. Even the stress of thinking you have cancer could cause the crazy period. The pain sounds like the kind of cramping I had when I was younger (pre-birth control days). I hope you get some relief soon!
    • Posted

Thank you so much - I have been in tears every evening and every morning - I am so worried sad
    • Posted

I am worried i may have been missing other symptoms - I did have a ultra sound scan in 2000 which showed a cyst and was told it would go away and i never though anything more of it
    • Posted

For you to be advanced stages, you would have had to have previous bad pap smears, and other symptoms. It wouldn't just show up and jump to advanced stage. I know it's hard, but try not to worry, worrying actually makes periods worse, and can make you have no period at all, heavy periods, or multiple periods in the same month.

If you haven't already, try Midol or Naproxen for the cramping, eat low salt foods, stay away from caffeine, put a heating pad on the lower stomach area, or soak in a hot bath tub. Hard periods stink, I had them for years, they eventually determined it was PCOS. 

• Posted

I have just had my smear and are awating results - Last week when i went to A&E the lady did an internal exam and said all my cervix looked healthy but i know she cannot see ovary cancer - I just want my life my back its been awfull and i am so so worried - its a contstant dull ache above bum cheeks and a pain in the side of my bum cheek is this normal ?
    • Posted

I know it can be tough, but try not to worry! Cysts don't always mean cancer, in fact 99.9% of the time, they aren't cancerous. I have PCOS, which is poly cystic ovaries and I have cysts all the time, like a virtual mindfield of them in each ovary. They don't mean cancer at all, but they can make periods more painful. Also, you are extremely young to worry about cancer, not that it can't happen, but it's rare. Try not to worry! HUGS!
    • Posted

Also, MOST cysts don't ever cause any trouble at all, and dissappear on their own. 
  • Posted

you had an ultrasound when you were ten in 2000, fifteen years ago, and it showed a cyst?
  • Posted

Sorry i meant 2000 
  • Posted

I also had an internal scan in 2010
  • Posted

Today i feel like a need the wee a little more and have a bit of constipation though i have not been eating as i am so worried 
    • Posted

Okay so if you are feeling bloating, pelvic pain, abdominal pain, trouble eating, feeling full all the time, or an urge to urinate, you likely don't have ovarian cancer. Those are symptoms that generally do not occur with ovarian cancer and when they do, they are non stop, daily for an extended period of time. It's unlikely, given your age, the fact that your tests have been normal, etc that you have anything to worry about. You could just have hard periods combined with stress, PCOS,  or any other large number of things which are not life threatening. Even if they did find something, if you have regular pap smears, they can show pre-cancerous cells, and your last pap smear doesn't sound like it was that far away so it's doubtful.

Other symptoms people sometimes assume are related to ovarian cancer are: fatigue, upset stomach, back pain, painful sex, constipation, irregular periods, weight loss, and abdominal swelling. While these can be signs of ovarian cancer, they can also be signs of hundreds of other conditions. You should never worry about symptoms like this unless you are experiencing them for more than 12 days a month, if you are, then you should see a gyn, and even that doesn't mean ovarian cancer. 

• Posted

you had an ultrasound when you were ten in 2000, fifteen years ago, and it showed a cyst?
  • Posted

OK jade1990, i get it now.  I think it's possible you have constipation and maybe a urine infection.  I used to get bad periods, until I went on the pill,  then after I had my child they got better.  But I used to get quite constipated with my periods.  Try and keep calm and make an appointment to see your GP.  You don't say what type of cyst it was you had in 2010.  As the other contributors have said, it could be any number of things, have a nice warm relaxing bath and some painkillers, and make that appointment.  Hope you feel better soon.  Ovarian cancer is quite rare, and as others have said, it is unlikely you could go from being ok one month and advanced cancer the next.  It is a very common worry, but you're doing all the right things and I'm sure you will feel better soon.  Good luck! wink 
  • Posted

Thanks - I have had a urine test and showed no infection - They then thought it was kidney scans and sent me for a ct, when i got to the ct scanner place they radiographer said he did not think it was nesscary sad
    • Posted

It sounds like all of your tests are normal, and you are just worrying yourself sick about it! I'm sure there's something, but cancer is unlikely. Hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.