Need suggestions for aerobic exercise t feels like bone on bone! It stings! On top of that I get s

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am new to this forum but have had good results on the rheumatoid arthritis one.

have put on extra weight on top of being overweight because of prednisone.  Started walking on treadmill again and am having horrible pain during and after in my lower back.  Can only do 10 minutes at a time before I need a break and get back on for another 10.  I can only do a total of 30 minutes on.  It feels like bone on bone!  On top of that I get spasms on the right side of my back just above my waist.  I have had back problems for years and I need some exercises I can do to help me lose weight!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Buckeyes

You should try aquafit instead of aerobics good work out without any weight on your feet. Wearing a floatation belt gives you freedom to move your arms & legs in ways you couldn't do normally. I try to get to classes five mornings a week.

Alpine

• Posted

Don't know what Aquafit is.  Are you in UK?  I am in U.S.  I will look it up on line.  Thank you.  Need something that helps!  I just joined a health center for fitness.  I haven't been over yet.  I joined over the weekend and since I'm a senior my insurance covers the cost.  They have lap pools and was thinking that might be an option.

thanks again for your reply.

• Posted

Hello Buckeyes

Aquafit lessons might be available at your local public swimming pool. I live in Ontario, Canada and it's very popular here. 

Alpine

• Posted

Thank you!  I will check out my options!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.