Need support

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have delt with HS.for about 7 years near my groin (panty line), was diagnosed about 2 years ago, I have had surgery and it was gone for a while then came back.... I am having another episode, been for about a month I finally went to doc for a prescription she gave me antibiotics, I have been on them for a week and it's not healed, I am getting very depressed I am going to need surgery again, I hated packing it with the gauze I couldn't wear jeans, I couldn't even go to work some days. I also feel bad for my husband because I am in so much pain, or having drainage I can't or don't want to be intenintimate and I feel so bad for him. I don't know what I want from joining a support group I guess just to know I am not alone.... most docs don't even know what HS is..... sorry for long post

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wanted to comment on the drawing salve. I had never heard of Prid prior to this so I went and researched the product. I use an ointment called Ichthammol Ointment which I purchased at CVS Drugstore for this purpose. In researching Prid I found that the active ingredient in it is Ichthammol. The comments on the Prid site say that it is hard to spread this is not the case with just straight up Ichthammol ointment. Works great for drawing the access out over a few days time. The only drawback is it smells like tar and is the color of tar. I as well feel that the Ichm.. Ointment will be easier to find and cheaper since you are not paying for the designer name and labeling. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you Michelle, I actually bought some Prid today.... I will remember Ichthammol Ointment for the future. :-)

• Posted

I started using the prid yesteday on a fair large area and I can see that it's trying to work to the surface now. I was skeptical but it seems to be helping!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.