Need Support

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am new to this forum.  Three months ago I started drinking for the first time (I'm 38) but it only took one week until I was drinking 2-3 bottles of wine a day.  3 months later I have just been discharged from hospital after a five day stay to have gallbladder out because it was full of stones and a ct scan found out that I had a fatty liver.  I know it was directly related to the drinking because I had a scan three months ago and I was healthy.  I have now been sober for seven days and now feel great.  I've discovered that I have a highly addicted personality so I know I can never touch alcohol again but it is always at the back of my mind - the very definition of an alcoholic.  What I'm seeking is regular support from people in my position.  Anyone interested I would love if you could message me.  I'm not religious so I have not gone the AA route but I would certainly welcome anyone who is in AA.  I know I can't do this alone.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there,

There are alot of positive responses to Skybeth on here I hope she's still reading them 😆

As I'm wandering where she is? Sky said she needed support with drinking etc but has not been back on here or replied to any of our questions/responses. .

The only reply has been to 4RHGB who asked Sky to be honest about her past drug addiction so we can better advise. .

I hope your ok sky would be nice to have a response from u!?

• Posted

Where are you SkyeBeth?? We are all waiting for some news from you. Robin
  • Posted

I can only reiterate what Tar4 and Robin2015 said: we hope you're alright, SkyeBeth! Please, if you are checking in, but have maybe had a slipping back, it's alright to share that information. We are concerned about you! Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.