Need support/advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I'm reaching out again because I am seriously feeling sick with worries. I posted last week that I have recently been told that I have a 4cm cyst on left ovary. It was like a bat out of hell pain that came with a heavier period. Period came and went but pelvic pain, and flank pain remains. Everywhere I read my symptoms align with ovarian cancer. I am so scared. Is there something I should be doing, asking or researching. I feel like a sick waiting duck in water. Obgyn wants to wait a month to repeat ultrasound but I am literally freaking out. And I don't know if this is part mental anguish of the unknown. I know no one who has had an ovarian cyst, I don't know if this pain is normal or if these are signs of something serious. I cried all morning because I just don't know what to do right now.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I have a 5 CM ovary cyst and I have a lot of pain with it. Pain is normal with these annoying cysts. I'm not a dr but I dont think its cancer symptoms....just your average miserable cyst. My dr said they remove them once they get to 5cm otherwise they wait to see if they burst on their own. See a different OB if it bothers you too much. Second opinions are always good. Goodluck!

• Posted

Thank you for responding, I'm really down and worried.

• Posted

Hi

I'm living with one now, its dermoid but still cyst, I have same symptoms, you having normal reaction with the unknown, but don't believe doctor google. I did n got in a right muddle. Keep pushing n if you want it removed keep asking!! You 91% prob don't have cancer you'll have more symptoms then what you explained.

Good luck x

• Posted

Hello! I was just diagnosed with a 12cm "mass" on my right ovary. Type and if benign not yet confirmed. I have been for 2 ultrasounds and am waiting news back. It will need to be surgically removed due to size. I have bad pain during periods and ovulation, now heavy periods and a sharp pain/ache in my right lower back. I am also constipated, queasy and facing lots of weird pain in my body.....probably partially due to stress. I am going through severe mental anguish and have been crying for days. I don't know what to do either except wait as well, I am off work this week due to being beyond stressed. I just want to let you know what you're not alone! xo

• Posted

Laura as odd as it sounds I find comfort in trsponses from others going through similiar ailments. I called back my obgyn because I'm having tandon pain in pelvic area, in addition to back pain. I'm at work but not really. I'm literally disappointed by my mental weakness. I keep googling symptoms and it all points to ovarian cancer. So I'm reaching out here in hopes to gain the support I need right now. My family is telling me to be strong but I just cry privately which makes me feel completely alone.

• Posted

Yes, I have googled too and it doesn't look good for me. I like to have knowledge but I probably shouldn't have done that. *sigh* I considered myself to be very mentally strong before this happened. But now I just feel like a basketcase. I am supposed to go back to work next week but it will depend what news I get this week and how quickly they schedule me for surgery. I think I'm at the top of the list! But I keep getting mixed messages. I had my 2nd ultrasound yesterday and nobody called me today. With my first ultrasound, my Dr called me within 24 hrs with the news. So maybe it's not as bad as they first thought? Ahhhhhhh sad

• Posted

Hi,

So sorry you're in so much pain.

I had surgery to remove a 30cm cyst a little over a month ago and strangely despite how large it was, I had absolutely no pain from it - no symptoms other than I looked pregnant, which I thought was just weight gain.

I'm assuming to OGYN wants to wait a month and do repeat ultrasound as cysts usually under 6cm can rupture and heal on their own. But, if you're in pain, did they perscribe you any pain medicine. 

I think everyone's mind jumps to the c word. I know mine did, as soon as my ultrasound said I had a "at a least 24inch mass" inside my pelvic/abdomen area - but it turned out to be a benign, fluid-filled cyst.

Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi. I had an ovarian cyst and frightened myself half to death worrying it might be ovarian cancer as my mother had that. Anyway I pushed to have it removed and histology report said it was just a benign fluid filled cyst. I'm 73 by the way so it was more likely it could have been the big C. Thankfully not and 10 months on I've recovered from the surgery. Hope these replies help you cope better, the mental anguish is worse than the condition I've found. Chin up and go with what the consultant says regarding scans etc. They're usually right. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK rolleyes

• Posted

Hi Teach123,

I'm in the same situation. A month and a half ago, I had intense pelvic pain and ended up in the ER. They did a pelvic ultrasound and transvaginal one as well and discovered a 3.6 hemorragic cyst on my left ovary. So they are using the wait and see approach (I'm having another US) in 4 weeks and have been dealing with this cyst since the ET visit. The doctors say it should resolve itself but I still feel it. I don't have pain however and other major symptoms but my abdomen is a bit swollen on the left so I know its still there.

I understand your anxieties, I have the same one and am very afraid until I know what's going on at the next US.

I will provide an update then! Let me know how you feel and hoe things go for you as well.

Nadia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.