Need support just started taking bisoprolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a thoracic aortic aneurysm and have been prescribed bisoprolol. I also have an anxiety disorder so taking my first pill was quite the dilemma. First night I ended up taking Ativan INSTEAD. I googled all the awful side effects until I was in full panic mode. Last night I took my first one. I was very relaxed and calm today but tired as well, I have no choice but to take them but I am so paranoid about the stuff I read throat tightening up etc one canight get pretty worked up about this. My doctor said if I felt anything off we coukd change them etc. But it's so hard not worrying. I am about to take pill number 2 to nite. I am hoping to hear positive things about this medication, so nice to find this group,

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I also have an anxiety disorder and believe me I read all the side effects before taking any tablets and very gingerly take first tablets and sometimes imagine all kinds of things happening, I have been on Bisoprolol for almost 3 years now and yes I do suffer side effects, they make me very very sleepy and I ocasionally get dizzy spells but that's all, a friend of mine on the other hand gets no side effects whatsoever he has been on them for 6 years and they have never affected him, we are all different, try as I do just take your tablet perhaps in the middle of breakfast while reading the paper or in the evening while eating supper or something, just keep on with your usual routines and forget you have taken it, it helps.

Phoebe

• Posted

Ty so much for replying. Just knowing someone else I am talking to is on them gives me such relief. I told my fiance he should take one with me to make me feel better lol he said no he doesn't need them lol. My doc wants them taken at 10pm but I do try to stay busy get up move around laundry etc. Between being panicky about waiting for a reaction it would be hard to figure out if it's the meds or anxiety if something does happen. It's all so new to me and I am definitely struggling with it. I even read it can change your personality good lord.
    • Posted

I have been taking Bisop. for nearly 3 years and although I feel a bit weary at times, nothing bad has happened and I cope just fine. I found taking it after a good meal slows down the rate of absorbtion and that helps. The longer I stayed on it the easier it got so dont worry, just give it a go, I'm sure you will be ok. All the best.
    • Posted

No hasn't changed my personality, I'm still grumpy as ever! LOL biggrin
    • Posted

Hi! To change your personality you would need a high dosage over a long period of any drug you suspected could do that! If changes like that take place you wont notice most likely but your friends will! You need to relax & have faith in your prescribers! There are lots of people out there who would have us believe our GP's don't know what they are doing yet go to them for the slightest ailment! I don't subscribe to that school of thought! But I do make certain that my explanations & accounts of occurrences are clear & accurate so that he/she can best judge! Relax!
  • Posted

hi there I was on bisoprolol but it was bad for me.Everybody said I was paranoid about side effects(pulse to slow most of day ,aches in limbs and locking up of fingers) but the doctor changed me to a better tablet. It's not thinking about   it may be the clue but my god it's v hard. Really get into your doctors back about your tension over the bisoprolol and help with the fear because nobody thought I would have problems with taking tablets but I suspect it's the fear of the illness not the tablets that gave me problems..  Take care
  • Posted

Hi! I've been taking various medications for heart attack since April 2015! You must, of course, read the medication leaflets since that is why they accompany the medication! But please be aware that not ALL side effects will apply to you! With 2.5mg/day Bisoprolol I can only identify with the "very rare" Tinnitus! Which I have suffered from but believe the culprit was 7.5mg/day Ramipril which I've now stopped & replaced with 2mg/day Candesartan! Most side effects only manifest after long, high dosage anyway & our GP's & medecine prescribers are well aware of them! However my GP needed pursuading with regard to Ramipril & Tinnitus! I'm sure your 2nd dose of Bisoprolol won't produce some of the effects described on here! Ramipril caused me greater problems probably through the higher dosage! It definitely gave me Anxiety, Tinnitus, Malaise Dizziness (when I stood up suddenly) Now no more! since I stopped it a little over a week ago! If you have concerns you must speak with your GP!
  • Posted

Hi , I was in Bisoprolol just two months I was taking 10 mg ,Because my blood pressure is a little high, and it was the worst day of my life. I became like an old man. My body shivering, cold feet, dizziness, dizziness and ringing in the ears. I stopped taking it only after two months of using it. Loss of energy most of the time, foggy head and dizziness sometimes I feel better, but the adrenaline in our bodies is rushing with force. I give up and I have no solution but to take vitamins. I do not want to be negative, but I am afraid that it will not come out of my body. I am 39 years old, I admit that the tinnitus with time has improved, I just feel With a band in the ear, but ringing in the ears. Note: Do not ask the doctor, because it will worsen your condition. Do not use any medication. Pregnancy and time will end this despicable drug that caused me anxiety and incomprehensible fear

Note : I haven't taken medication for 20 months and still a lot of withdrawal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.