Need tips please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I had an severe anaphalatic reaction 10 months ago and they have never been able to establish the trigger.  I now have to keep with me epi-pens and steriods.  I don't have the best memory going and I wondered if anyone in a similar position has any tips that will help me to remember them?   I know this sounds stupid but when my wife is with me she always reminds me and so we have them on us,  but when I'm at work (I work in various places), I take them with me but if I'm needed elsewhere I have a tendency of leaving them in  my locker at base.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You ought to wear a medic alert bracelet or similar and you must let all your work colleagues know that this could happen.  You must also find some way of keeping api pens on you at all times, trouser pockets or belt perhaps.

I'm sure someone else will come up with an idea.

• Posted

Thank you.

I wear a wristlet.  My colleagues know and they even remind me at times. I cannot carry them on my person due to the nature of my job but I normally have them with me somewhere where they can be gotten easily.  Trouble is unless I'm reminded I do leave them in my locker.  I even leave notes on my locker and still forget!

• Posted

There are possible ideas that could help in the chemist where they sell stuff for easy carrying on a plane. My husband bought a wallet that you wear around your neck, it is a heavy cotton fabric, you could put your Epee pen in that. Just an idea. Try looking on Amazon for one too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.