Need to burp but cant

Posted , 4 users are following.

So normally I drink cordial and drinks of tea with no sugar. Last week we were on.holiday and drank lots of fizzy pop now we are home and I have terrible pains in my chest that feels like I need to burp but I cannot.

Do you think this has been caused by the fizzy pop intake and how can I get relief?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try Alka seltzer.  I put a life saver Wintergreen in my mouth to make it have less bad taste..
    • Posted

I was happily taking Enos fruit salts (similar to alka seltzer has sodium bicarbonate ) for inability to burp ( I have GERD) but last visit the gastroenterologist was horrified that people still take this ....apparently its corrosive and its a definite no no . 
  • Posted

I would say fizzy drinks set this off , I would avoid drinking them 
  • Posted

and you asked the doctor what he thinks about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.