Need to get rid of the pain!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi guys,

My gallbladder has decided to flare up and I'm in quite a lot of pain. Unfortunately it's my works Christmas do tomorrow and I've spent money on a hotel and money for the night so I really don't want to miss it. Im hoping my pain will go away by tomorrow but I'm doubtful, has anyone got any tips or help on reducing pain. I have tramadol but I would rather not take it.

Thank you

Katie x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie,

I am not a doctor, but I would not chance it. There is always another time for a hotel and night out. it is not for another week yet. If you go to the er and tell them that is what you expect it is, instead of all the time for other tests you may not need they could do a Keyhole surgery. It is only a few little holes and you can go home the same day. everone is different i did not have alot of pain from it and you do have to take it easy and not lift anything like more then 10 lbs also some have to have a different diet. What I am saying it is better to be safe than sorry as my Doctor told me if i did not come in shen i did i would of had alot more pain. I had mine out almost a month ago. I hope you are alright. and I wish you a Merry Christams. 

• Posted

Try buscopan that normally helps to ease the pain what I was told eat a low fat diet thats under 3gs fat also dairy free it will one settle down the flare up you may need antibiotics
    • Posted

I had a really bad infection in gallbladder in jan this year was in hospital for 2 days the consultant told me about what to eat I lost 6lb in weight one week 5lb another week all in all I lost 2& a half stone I eat low fat aldi cereal skimmed milk ,fat free yogurts, cup shots , tins of aldi'chunky beef soup ,benefit light cereal bars flavoured water had gallbladder removed july touch wood no probs

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

May I ask what are cup shots.also aldi cereal I do not think i ever seen that one. I am having trouble trying to find something to eat that will not hurt my stomache. it has been almost a month since i had my GB out. Thanks Terry

• Posted

Cup shots are a cup of soup with pasta in very filling under a gram of fat & aldi benefit light cereal 0.7gs of fat also try greek style fat free yogurts I went from 16st down to 13 1/2 if you stick to low fat foods eg under 3gs of fat also dairy free I didnt get any flare ups also eating what I have said the fat in your body will come off good luck

• Posted

Thank You Wendy. I will have to try it. I just had dry toast and a helf of cup of cofffee I poured down the sink. I do not even enjoy that. and i can not eat the plain toast. i was having a litlle jelly on it till my stomache hurt. i know i am losing weight.
  • Posted

Same thing happened to me and I also was given tramadol. Nothing really helped me with the pain . I have a nice heating pad . That seemed to help a bit.
  • Posted

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for your replies! I'm a bit worried because the pain is in it's 3rd day and they say go to your doctor or a&e if the pain lasts over 8 hours (I think!). The pain has reduced a little but I'm staying off the tramadol. Going to give buscopan a try and see if that helps at all!

Thank you so much for your advice!! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.