Need to get some of info

Posted , 5 users are following.

Within the last three and a half weeks my dr put me on citalopram. I was under a considerable amount of stress but I was also having weird feeling in my hands not the typical hypoparathyroid tetany feeling. I told the doctor and he thought it was probably my anxiety. Three days ago i ended up going to the hospital for a random knee swelling and mentioned my hand was still somewhat feeling weird so they did a blood test and my calcium was low and now my thyroid is at 9. Which is hypo. My question is does anyone know or has anyone had their thyroid level go out of the normal range while on citalopram or any other antidepressant? The only thing that has changed was adding that medicine. My calcium I am not sure why that has went low because that started before the medication was added. The hospital did not check my ft4 or my ft3. They just checked my tsh and did alot of other tests. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Read that lots of people with anxiety have high serotonin not low like they used to think. Adding a serotonin booster like Celexa can make anxiety a lot worse. Antidepressants are not antianxiety meds. Read up on serotonin syndrome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.