Need to talk

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is my first post as I really struggle to talk.

I basically feel like my life is totally spiralling out of control. I had always been generally happy before -good childhood loving family etc, was balanced went to school good friends etc. I am female 24. I have 2 children and I'm not in a very good marriage (5 yrs) (abusive controlling). And because of that I have no friends anymore or support or a life at all besides being wife and mum. For the last couple of years my anxiety has gotten progressively worse. I believe I have GAD from what I've read. I also think i have health anxiety especially regarding my children. I struggle with eating and bad phobia. I now lack confidence in many ways and have gotten to the point where I feel I can't cope anymore I'm so tired. Life just feels so hard. I have my family my mum in particular who I am and have always been very very close to (she doesn't know the extent of problems I n my life i hide them mostly.despite me seeing her all the time) she just thinks I'm a little stressed and has no idea the mess my marriage is in. I am scared and reluctant to go to the doctors as I don't want medication I've heard so much bad stuff about them. I believe it's like papering over the cracks. I just what to feel better I'm so lonely and I've had a really really bad difficult week followed by bad news sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lc11...I would love to talk directly to you...
    • Posted

Is there any way to direct message on here?
  • Posted

First off, stop trying to protect your mother, she will want to help you feel better and if that means her helping you get out of an abusive marriage, then let her!  She's a big girl, she raised you!  She has knowledge you don't have because she has lived longer.

As an abuse survivor and an ex-DV counselor, I recommend you make sure you are safe first, and then make a plan to get out, save money, hide it if you must, and plan to leave. A DV counselor can help you with this. If he is hitting you or the kids, call the police and file a report and get the hell out. 

Incorporate mom and other DV assistance to help you, you could do it alone, but if you don't have to, take help where you can get it.  

The anxiety will not go away if you keep doing the same thing, which is staying in the abuse.  

I do not recomend pharm's, instead, focus on eating better, focus on eating lots of steamed veggies and meat (3/4 plate of veggies and a chicken thigh for lunch or dinner. No carbs, If you are still hungry, eat more meat.  You need good quality food to get you strong enough to get through this. Stay away from all sugar and processed food and eat only dark fruit for a while. These foods will give you nutrition to your brain and body, so you can make wise and informed decisions.  Eating sugars and junk food will only make you more tired and foggy brained and helpless feeling.

Please pick up a book called Why "Does He Do That". Get out your highligting pen and get busy, then share it with your mom.  She needs to know, she wants to help you. 

I am cheering for your freedom! Keep coming and talking to us all here.  It is a great support.

Hugz

• Posted

I think in the very best interest of you to seek therapy and marriage counselling Saying all that i just want to send you off a big hug to you and wish you stregnth and courage and more strength. I can feel your saddness right off this post.

God  bless you  and go seek some help to sort this all out. theres  a lot of different things going on all at once. 

• Posted

Thankyou for your kind words. I have been thinking about therapy but I do struggle alot financially. I do think it would help me but talking open without being anonymous would be difficult. I think I will try and make this happen. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.