Need to urinate constantly

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 43 year old female. Two weeks ago, 2nd day after my period ended, I felt something was up with my bladder. I had the need for the bathroom every couple of minutes and my back was still very sore. Last Tuesday I went to the Dr, my urine sample had a little elevation in white blood count, but otherwise normal. She had a look to make sure my bladder was not prolapsing, all good there. The bloodtests came back negative for UTI, Kidney functions was good, no idicators for high sugar. She gave me a 3 day course of antibiotics just in case. It has now been 4 days after my last tablet and I am still struggling. My bladder feels full and under pressure, I go to the bathroom so often I feel like moving in there and my lower back is still giving me grieve. What else could the issue possibly be, who has had an issue like this but has no other health issues like Diabeties, Kidney Issues or a UTI as I tested negative for all but still struggling.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your doctor. You may need a longer dose of antibiotics or a different one. If you were given Trimethoprim ask for Nitrofurantoin. If this doesnt relieve your symptoms then suggest stones in bladder or ureter to your doctor. Ask for a scan.

• Posted

HI there. If a bladder infection has been ruled out it is possible you may have an overactive bladder. I went through a similar thing about 30 yrs ago. I am now 54. I just could not stop urinating & it was driving me to insanity. As soon as i voided within minutes i could feel by bladder filling again. Eventually i was referred to a urologist & it was discovered that my bladder muscles were constantly spasming. The only fix for me was bladder retraining which meant instead of giving into my bladder i had to hold my urine for as long as possible. This took several months but it worked. I'm not saying this is your problem but it is highly possible. If you haven't resolved the problem yet i would suggest speaking with your GP about this as it's quite common particulary in women. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.