Need to use a brace to straighten!!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

So, I just got back from my 6 week check up and my range of motion bend is 116 and straight is +8 or +6.

So, now someone is coming to fit a brace on my leg to help it straighten and I am supposed to wear it 6 hours a day! Yeah RIGHT! I can't even stand a weight on my leg now for more than 2 minutes. I am so tired and feel so discouraged. I'm crying like a big baby thinking of having to wear a brace and be in more pain! So sick of all of this!!!! Doctor says he wants it at +0 in 6 weeks. This is way too much.

😞

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

On reading this it's given me hope. I'm 5 mouths after Tkr can't bend the knee (that gets me down) or put weight on it .having physio twice a week and getting know where. Now knowing that the next step will be a brace has made me fill better because I thought I'll be like this for life . You can do it won't be forever 

• Posted

You say you are having physio twice a week , are you doing any at home everyday ?. If not try a little everyday , it should help ,  as long as you don't over do it  .

• Posted

Yes every day every hour I'm doing exercise . In my last blog I said I couldn't bend it ,that's wrong. I had MUA so now it will bend but not straightened .

• Posted

Good , keep it up you will get there in the end . I had mine done 19½ and 17½ years ago , off work 6 month with each , have had no problems at all since , but we are all different it takes longer for some . 

• Posted

Oh dear! 😕 in the end it will seem worth it.... sorry to hear your trouble, hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.