Need to vent

Posted , 2 users are following.

I really just need to vent. I dont k ow anyone in my circle to vent to cuz none of them know what I've been dealing with so I came here because so many can relate and maybe someone can give some advice.

This Feb will mark 3 yrs since my shoulder injury. Next month will be a yr and a half since my last of 3 surgeries. I've gained about 80% of ROM back but hurts when I get to that point. My Dr has me on restrictions indefinitely. My employer has me doing my job at 100% but that's with using my other arm a lot more. I'm feeling the effects of over use in that arm now. I'm at my wits end with it all. I'm still not sleeping good. I toss and turn all night trying to find a comfortable position. I dream about my pain at least 4 nights out of the week. In my dreams my Dr either tells me I'm fine or he actually listens to me and just when he's going to run some tests or tell me what's wrong I wake up. I feel like this is all a nightmare I cant wake up from. Everyone tells me to find a new job which probably wouldn't be a bad idea but leaving it still won't make my shoulder any better. I'm still trying to figure out how to live with this pain but it's hard. Thank you for letting me vent and may none of you ever have to go through what I'm going through.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hear ya.  Not on your worst enemy would you wish this upon.  Doctors are screwing too much with native anatomy in some cases, in my opinion.  Does your employer have any other positions or willing to better accommodate you?
  • Posted

My situation is a workmans comp case. They claim my job is already light duty. At this point they are trying to make things as hard as possible for me in hopes that I quit so it relieves them of any other financial support with the injury. And no I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

• Posted

Well, are you guys working together to get your pay commensurate with what you produce?  Like are there other tasks that can be reassigned to you?
    • Posted

My employer has me back full time making my normal wages doing my normal job with basically one arm. There is no other job here for me to do. I'm doing everything I'm told to do. They are the ones not working with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.