Need urgent help. Extreme and strange symptoms relating to itchy skin or eczema.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over these past 2 years I have been experiencing very itchy skin which is caused by several things, however there is no clear pattern on these itchy outbreaks and it sometimes becomes dormant over random periods. For example last summer I did not itch once and then in autumn I've been getting extremely itchy flare ups that last from 30 minutes to an hour. I have all the symptoms of atopic eczema but no rashes form when I have an itchy flare up, so I don't think it's eczema. I constantly itch which minor when I don't have a flare up at random times.

I'll try and say as much info as possible so here it is:

• I've had eczema as a baby.
  • I don't have eczema anymore now that I am 16 years old.
  • I have no rashes when I have these itches. The most is just red skin, so I don't think it's eczema.
  • The worst affected part of my body is my scalp or head. Second worst affected part is my chest, neck and back.
  • Flare ups happen randomly, at least once everyday at different times.
  • No clear cause (I'll list some possible causes that I've found out from recording what happens during my flare ups in a note book).
  • Burning sensation, mostly on my scalp.
  • I have dandruff when these flare ups happen on my scalp.
  • Cold water eases my flare up.
  • Sometimes, eczema cream (brand is DoubleBase) does not ease my skin.
  • Sometimes affects my lower body such as legs. Minor itches during flare ups.
  • I get chapped lips a lot.
  • I recently had a cold this winter, and throughout the time I was ill I did not itch once.

List of some situations when I get flare ups:

• Playing a game with my friends
  • When studying
  • During college when answering a question or when talking to someone.
  • When I come into a warm room.
  • Fastest I've come to a flare up is always during workouts or exercising without fail.

NOTE: There is no pattern so there is no point of telling you anymore, but I am happy to answer questions regarding on when these happen.

Possible causes that I have found:

• Psychological/Emotional change: anger, excitement, happiness, sadness.
  • Body temperature changes too fast, like going from walking in cold weather into a warm house.
  • Dust.
  • Body heat from other people (E.g college environment).
  • Pure wool material (cotton is fine for me to wear).
  • Stress and anxiety.
  • Other times flare ups happen is unknown, like they have come out of the blue.

Treatments or methods I use to help prevent it:

• DoubleBase cream for eczema or dry skin (Most of the time effective).
  • Ginger and lime shampoo (Some soothing effect).
  • Blending freshly cut ginger and mixing it with warm water. This is poured on my scalp mostly. (Has proven to work. Fairly effective)
  • Anti-histamine tablets (Effective when in use).

This is slowly killing mentally and physically. I can't enjoy anything without itching or study properly. I can't socialize without embarrassing myself by scratching myself constantly. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

Cheers for reading. Please ask any questions if you need any information.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.