Needed all your replies

Posted , 8 users are following.

Thank you all for your quick replies. I read everyone of them. It’s amazing how much better a person can feel when hearing from other people. I am going to look into Tramadol. I have very few codene left and a lot of Vicodin. I’ll try using the halves of the Vicodin and using The codene in an emergency. I also have the gel (Chico recommended) I’ll give that a shot as well. I’ll see my GP on the 29th and ask him also about the meds. Thank you all so much again. I wish you ALL a speedy recovery 🙏🏻😘

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This site has been invaluable to me to know what to expect what not to expect. I couldn't have made it through this long journey without the wonderful people on this site. I would have been so depressed and overwhelmed. I keep striving taking one day at a time inching toward recovery.

• Posted

You're welcome, Arlene. I was actually also wondering whether others still needed pain meds this far out from surgery. I thought I was probably one of only a very few but was really hesitant to ask. Guess I thought others would think I was being a "baby" who couldn't handle any pain although I do know that each of us has a different pain tolerance.

It's always good to know we're not alone which is one of the reasons I really like this forum.

• Posted

Talk to your doc but a common way of titrating gradually off the hydrocodone (Vicodin) is to take half-pills instead of whole but stay on the same schedule.  When the pain no longer requires the Vicodin, switch to the Tramadol.  Your doc should guide you on his/her preferred titration method. Some just switch you over immediately.  Again, it's about controlling the remaining pain with as few meds as possible...especially the big painkillers.  If you're off them fairly quickly, there's no real risk of getting addicted to them.  Vicodin down to Tramadol down to OTCs...that's the typical path. 

• Posted

Hi chico thats exactly what im trying to do i only gave 2 oxy left so i cut them i. Half during the day i take ibuprofen at night i take galf of oxy with 2 ibuprofen is that ok to do please let me know.i also ice the knee and heat it and i like to take bathes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.