Needing advice for pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a trimalleolar ankle fracture 3 weeks ago.The doctor gave me Norco and i am almost out.What over the counter pain killers work best? Most of the discomfort is at night,but im also taking pain pills during the day like Tylanol and Aleve

Hoping i can be comfortable without Norco! :'(

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You may want to call your provider.

I was told tylenol which I take 1000 mgs BID.  Not sure it does any good, but I am just wanting to keep inflammation down.   I was fortunate as I stopped using the pain meds after a week so still have a lot left- I was afraid of getting addicted to the pain meds- though not sure why anyone would cause they did not do anything except make me sleepy!  It is rough being in pain though and you will heal better and faster if your pain is well managed so I would definately suggest calling your provider.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.