Needing advise

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, im 48 been going through the menopause for the last 2 years.  But the hot sweats (flushes) have been getting considerably worse, during the night and through the day, i end up dripping...is this normal.

Ive been advised not to take HRT as my mum got brest cancer after taking it. Is there anything out there that is good for the sweats.  Everything else i can cope with, but the sweats are getting on my nerves, and im getting fed up of changing the bed sheets every day, as they are wet through.

Can anyone advice me, i dont find the doctor to be that helpful. 

Thanks Ruth

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth yeah it is normal i had really bad hot flushes and night sweats and,waking up freezing cold,if you go to a natural remedies shop and ask for tablets for hot flushes and the menopause which have sage in them,i have been taking them for about a year and they are brilliant i feel hot most of the time but they stop the flushes and night sweats x i hope they will help youu,please let me know if you have any relief from them x
  • Posted

Hi, I too cannot take HRT but haven't got the hot flushes that much. But I have all sorts of other nightmare symptoms. I just try some herbal stuff to see if they at all help. Good luck.

• Posted

I have been suffering from the same for 9 years and nothing has helped me. I have taken HRT off and on and it has been brilliant. I am off at the moment so the washing machine is working full time. I tried sage and even spoke with the company who told me if they havent worked by now, they were not going to work. I am back to see my consultant tomorrow. Now 10 months without a decent sleep. External heat makes no difference to me. 40 degrees or minus 10. I can have just as many. Its the worst of everything I have been through, because there is no end.
    • Posted

Alison if HRT worked for u why have u gone off and on and off again?
    • Posted

My aunt, my mothers sister, had breast cancer and the longer I take it the more at risk I am. This is the longest I have been doing without it, but its a living hell. I am persevering. For now anyway.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. May I ask which HRT worked for you ? Thnx
    • Posted

I have been on various types but the one I prefered gave a small does of both oestrogen and progestern at the same time, so no bleeding. I would need to look up the name as I cant remember at the moment. It was a circle of blue plastic like a disk and it despenced one a day. I got by with one third, so, one tablet lasted me 3 days. I thought this would lessen my risk, but apparently not.
  • Posted

I've been using super strength sage, (vita biotics). passionflower, meno serene, magnesium and Vit D3. My night sweats and hot flushes have stopped, for now at least. Took maybe 2-3 weeks to work.

All recommended by lovely ladies on here.

Hope you find something to work for you

• Posted

I am pleased you have found relief masie. None of these worked for me, but, we are all different
    • Posted

Just the sage has stopped my hot flushes and night sweats but i need relief from the physical tiredness x
    • Posted

Multivitamin, for meno women. Check Vit B12 levels. This can cause lethargy if low and aids iron absorption. I also take CQ10. I'm rattling but feeling better. Tho I've just started itching so may have to cut back, something doesn't agree with me?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.