Needing as much as advice as I can get.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sorry if I do something wrong on this forum but I have never been on one before and I'm learning as I go. I have no where else to turn and need to talk to others that have had or are dealing with similar problems. I have a parasite infestation that is effecting my entire family and after multiple test nothing is showing up. I was a vet tech several years back and I do know there is several zoonotic parasites. I also work around wild animals on occasion. My dog and cat are even ill with same symptoms. I have a microscope and have seen the little buggers but finding the right Doc to perform the proper test is almost impossiblesad  it's been 7months and thousands of dollars later and still no hope. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated! Thanks 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I hear you Kat and you aren't alone!!! Can you give me some more information about your symptoms, do you have any lesions or worms involved or any pictures of parasites you are seeing??? All pathology test bloods and scrapping will reveal nothing and your doctor will dismiss you and try and make out your crazy:-((( Well you aren't so stay strong my symptoms started just over a year ago I bag and photograph everything only to be dismissed and told to take them to my shrink and show himrolleyes((( I'm not delusional and won't take no for an answer!!! Because seriously I wish I was delusional because then this nightmare would disappear, but you can't take away this reality!!! 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your story with mesmile

I have deleted everything I had during a breakdown thinking I was insane...but then the day after I saw a very live one! I’m sure there is more than one kind. I have skin parasites and intestinal. My symptoms are all over the place. I’m waking at 2am every night with extreme achy muscles and drenched in sweat along with headaches nausea extreme irritability all the time itchy skin constant yeast infections and horrible pelvic pain my vision is so bad now and I’m beginning to loose sight in my right eye very often now it will last around an hr. We had a 200gallon reef tank I tore it down after seeing all the parasites that were living in it...love my microscope but knowing all now is really scary. It contained flukes and 3 different types of nematodes that humans and animals can contract. I was thinking about going one more time to a hospital that is known for diagnosing parasites but I’m still scared. Many more things I’ve seen around my house has me so clueless and freaked out. It’s almost like the parasites are on everything in my homesad 

• Posted

Hope I’m not bothering you but you were the only one that replied to my post after 2weeks of impatiently waiting.  I’m super grateful! When a person feels alone with all of this it’s quite scary and overwhelming. I wanted to let you know I had some free time tonight and shared a bit with cozmo that has recently posted. I was able to write a bit more details about my situation if you are interested. Thank you for your time advice and any help you have given. I’m going to definitely start recording and photographing everything I can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.