Needing help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been feeling depressed for around 9 months now, but it only seems to get worse, I cannot remember the last day I didnt cry. Seeing no future or point in my life. Getting frustrated that I feel this way but doing nothing about it. I feel like the hardest part is admitting it to myself let alone others. My mum has known I am down for a while now but even she has not suggested getting help and I feel like it is hard to tell her how I am really feeling. Am just looking for some advice on how I can get the courage to tell her, or to see the doctor.

Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amelia, 

You could always write down how you're feeling and give this to your mother or your GP. Writing down how you feel is also a good way generally to get things straight in your own head, to give you a clear understanding of how you feel.

Was there anything specific that triggered your feeling down? 

The best thing that you can do is get help, so I would definitely recommend you speak to somebody, your mum, dr, a friend, anyone you feel you can trust. And this group is a great way to vent about your feeling so, don't be afraid to use it! 

• Posted

Hi America,

The hardest part of what many of us go through is the admitting that there is an issue. You have done this and it's a great 1st step....its not easy admitting you have a problem to close friends an family.

Use this forum to help you start. Like Fee stated writing things down help. You have done it here. We are all here to help so just write to us it its easier. But you will need to speak to someone....keeping things in won't help, I should know 😊

• Posted

For goodness sake, damn predictive text. I of course meant amelia.
  • Posted

Hi Amelia, There is not much I can say as everyone have already, but firstly I think you need to talk to your mum (I'm not sure how old you are?) and ask your Mum if you would like her to come with you to the doctors. As someone else said write everything down like you have here and just give your doctor the list, if you rather see a female doctor or someone else you can ask for this when you phone your doctors surgery.  Please keep writing on here and we will all try and help you but you have done the 1st step so just do the 2nd and 3rd hopefully they will give you some anti depressents for about 3 months and then hopefully everything will be back like it was before, but dont just sit at home on your computer looking everything up as that dont help anyone especially yourself.  Take Care speak later
  • Posted

Hi Amelia,

I had a job to find your discussion page, but just wondered how you are feeling

now?  Also did you manage to go to your GP and ask for help?

It will be good to hear from you. Hope all is well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.