Needing some advice regarding increase

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I've been on 25mg for 2 weeks, 50mg for 8 weeks, and 75mg for 4 weeks. Since moving up to the 75mg, I've had consistent side effects such as, tinitus, headaches, and extreme dizziness

Is experiencing side effects this far in to the increase normal? How long should I give an increase a chance for the levels to settle? 

I'm in two minds as you reducing it back down to the 50mg. I only increased it due to an increase in my anxiety in the 6-8 weeks of the 50mg. So far, my anxiety has bee nonexistent. But, these physical side effects are really getting me down. 

Thank you in advance for any help and advice given.

Jen xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jen the side effects can be pretty horrendous but they do calm down eventually i got them with every increase but it was worth going through them to feel better . Hope this helps and things calm down soon x
    • Posted

Thank you Trina.

Did it take as long as 4 weeks for you to settle down?xx

• Posted

Hi Jen yes it did ,it seemed like forever but it does get better. I think we are more aware of everything because of our illness, but with each increase the side effects do taper off. The only thing that I've still got is loose stools but i can cope with this considering everything we have to go through to get better . I hope you start to feel better soon I'm here if you want to ask me anything xx

• Posted

Thank you Trina, you've helped ease my worries. I was beginning to loose hope as I thought I'd start feeling an improvement by now. I need to give it more time.xx

• Posted

Hi Jen, yes, it appears that you should go back to a lower dose. You see, initial recovery comes in waves but we often try to rush our recovery and shoot overboard by increasing the med too much and too quickly. You already answered your question when you said at this point the side effects are worse than the anxiety. I too shot overboard. I went to 150mg and felt no anxiety, but of course it was worse in that I felt nothing, like I was cantatonic and my neck muscle stiffness was so bad I couldn't turn my head. So I went back down to 100mg and in 1-2 weeks I was doing much better. 

xx

• Posted

Thank you for you reply. I am giving it a couple more weeks and if this continues I will go back down to 50mg. I hope you are well.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.