Needing some support!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello fellow anxious friends!

I have been on here a couple of times before, and it always makes me feel better hearing others who struggle with anxiety and panic. Long story short I am 28 and have been living with anixety and panic my whole life. You think after so long I would get use to this feeling...wrong. I have been on the verge of an attack for 2 days now. I am afraid of the panic feeling.. which as you know makes it worse. I lost my mom this past August to breast cancer so I have been grieving on top of this anxiety.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey there, 

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Alexandra. I had anxiety several years ago, and I beat it for nearly five years. Last year, I lost one of my good friends so expectedly - he wasn't even 30 yet. It made me so upset, and it brought my anxiety back. Since then, I've been suffering from anxiety and health anxiety all over again, and I've been having a hard time dealing with it. This forum is amazing for support, and you've done the best thing by reaching out - we're here to help and to heal. 

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Thank you so much for reaching out! Yes, I beliefe that grief has a lot to do with my anxiety. My mom was my best friend. I could talk to her about anything... especially my anxiety... 

Yes I have an amazing therapist who helps me a lot! I also got on anti depressants about two months ago, and can really notice a change! 

Not many people know how terrifying panic and anixety can be. I never seem to get use to it. 

• Posted

You're lucky that you have a good therapist. I beat anxiety on my own before and I thought I wouldn't need one, but since my relapse, I know how much I need a therapist. 

I'm on the fence about medication, does it help you a lot? Would you recommend it to others?

• Posted

Thats amazing you were beat anxiety for 5 years! Give yourself credit for that, because it is not easy. It took me forever to try medication! I was afriad of the side effects. But I was so bad a few months ago I had to do something. I wasnt sleep or eating.. I was just shaking and having horrible anxious thoughts. I was on Prozac and it didn't help at all, then I switch doctors. I wanted to see someone who wasn't just a primary care doctor. He put me on Paxil and it has been life changing. I am myself again for most of the time... a person who I havent been in 3 years...
    • Posted

That's amazing to hear! Side effects dont scare me much, but I dont want to become addicted to anything so it scares me.

Did you have that same fear?

• Posted

Yes PM me! 

Yes, naturally I want to have children in the future and I know that I will have to get off the paxil at some point. I have also heard the Paxil is the worst to come off of and have looked up horror stories (bad idea). But the benifit out weigh the rest. I am on a low dose, and need the extra help it can give me. 

• Posted

Im sorry for your lose alexandra

In my opinion that anxiety never goes away it may ease or it may disappear for a bit but never truly goes away.

That is why we have to take steps to learn how to deal with it and not let it take over our lives

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Yes! I think you're right! I also believe acceptance is a part of my problem. I really need to learn to accept that I have anxiety and not be so afriad of it. I am alway looking for a "cure". 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about your mom,i have been anxious my whole life too since i was a kid,till now im 25,but its started again two years ago when i was graduated,new symptoms,more fears more anxiety more panic attacks,these days im on my worst days of anxiety,having panic attacks every day,i cant take meds i have health anxiety too i think meds will have side effect but cant cope any more tomorrow will go and talk to a therapist,anixety effect on ur all parts of life,job,studies,love life,i realy just want have a normal life,and enjoy with my frnds,traveling,i missed an enjoyable life,when i was younger i never thought my anxiety can be such serious and effect on my life like dis dats why never started a continuous therapy,its better you start to talk a therapist
    • Posted

Yes. I know what youre sayingn more than you know. What works for you to help with the anxiety?And yes therapy!! It will help!!
    • Posted

keeping myself busy works sometimes like focusing on job,or hanging out with friends,traveling,doing exercise,make a list of things dat realy you love to do for your future, it will distract your mind,but when my anxiety is high sometimes i cant do none of them,i dont go out with my friends becuz i think will have a panic attack,dont stay too much at home if you go out being in public dats realy helpful for me and make me forget my bad mood,learning a new skill a type sport or anythingelse will distracts you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.