Needing someone to talk to!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I keep having major panic attacks but only in the evenings/night times.

I'm suffering really badly right now as my daughter has been at the childminders with lots of poorly children. I am now convinced that she's going to get ill and that me and my husband will too.

I am sat here chewing chewing gum and telling myself I will stay awwke all night just to watch over my daughter and husband!

I need someone to talk me down!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just go to sleep and don't let it get you down as it will make you worse a good night sleep is best for everyone

• Posted

The thing is, every time I drift off to sleep I wake myself up in a panic sad I've convinced myself we are all going to be poorly. As soon as my daughter or husband move I'm in more of a panic!

• Posted

I no how you feel Hun every time I try to close my eyes I'm convincing myself I'm dying even tho I'm not I'm getting funny feelings in my head that makes me convince that go to your gp Hun and speak to them it's really hard trying to deal with things cold turkey and on your own xx

• Posted

I understand what you are feeling 100%. Do you have emetaphobia? (The fear of vomiting). As that would explain your worry about yourself getting sick as well as your family.

I unfortunately have not found a way to stop feeling scared of sickness as of yet, so I do not have an answer for you in that regard. However, i thought it would be comforting to know that there is someone going through a mirrored experience to you. I cannot go out and communicate with people just in case they are sick or have been ill despite me not knowing anything. Whenever I imagine my family having a stomach virus and myself finding out about it the only action that I have in my mind is me just running away and not being able to look after them which is a horrific feeling sad I comepletly understand how you feel, and I hope knowing that you are not alone helps you. We are here for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.