Needing to pee more???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, so for the last couple of weeks I have been getting up every night about 3-4am to go a wee literally every night without fail, usually this wouldnt bother me but I never been like this before and I always go a wee before bed and I dont really drink alot before bed anyway, is this something to be worried or not or am I just being stupid?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same urges. See your urologist and he can prescribe meds to help the muscle relax to make it easier to urinate.

its helped me a lot. I got to a point over many months of struggling that I couldn't go at all and had to wear a catheter for 10 days until I could get in to se a urologist. Don't wait too long.  

Sometime antihistimes and other meds can also cause this. Check side effects of your current meds, even OTC.

• Posted

Urologist??? Maybe i have posted on the wrong forum or something but i dont have problems going to the toilet just the fact that I am going alot more and at the same time during the night each day, it's annoying as when i wake up in the night i cant get back to sleep and then i am tired all day!
  • Posted

Yes I agree with hope4cure, you should see a Urologist.  I had exactly the same problem of going to the toilet at night even after not drinking anything.  I ignored the problem as I did not see it as a "problem" until even during the day I had to run to the toilet and if in lectures I had to sit closest to the door.  When I eventually saw a Urologist he advised me that it is always better to seek consultation when in doubt than minimise something that needs to be nipped in th bud.  He ended up doing a scope as well as a small procedure to expand my bladder - I cant remember the exact measurements of the expansion but it was something that should have been attended to earlier.  Since that procedure I am 100% back to normal and I am always grateful to the Urologist.  I should have seen him earlier.
    • Posted

Hello, I will keep an eye on it for say a week or so, I am type 1 diabetic and recently had my urine/kidney's tested but wasn't told the results! will have to find them out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.