Negative ANA bloodwork.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know it's rare to have negative bloodwork but still have lupus, but I'm 99.8% sure that it is. I've looked up all the symptoms of a flare (which i now know that I have had 3 times within 4 months.) My doctor said that the imflammatory markers are not there but refuses to look into this any further. He wont send me to a rheumy or run any test. My question is...if you have had a negative ANA blood test but turns out you did have lupus, how did your doctor get to that diagnosis?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It is possible to have a negative result, there are other blood tests that show that something is causing inflammation.

Most people with Lupus have a number of things going on, more than one autoimmune condition. I had all the Lupus markers and more than enough symptoms but was still misdiagnosed until a GP suspected it might be SLE and the Rheumatologist confirmed it after years of battling to be listened to, being told it was a bit of arthritis, over anxious, in my mind, attention seeking, Polymyalgia Rheumatica despite me not being in the right age bracket. Can you talk to another doctor? Lupus is rare so many doctors don't see it in the surgery or fit the symptoms into other conditions because there are quite a few.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.