Negative culture, symptoms getting better no meds

Posted , 5 users are following.

I recently found out i had a uti a week ago takin home tests, symptoms of a uti about two weeks. I was nervous it would be serious, so i drank soooo much water and ate healthier and took azo. Now i went in for my urine sample and it is negative. Symptoms still lingering a bit but much better. Does this mean i fought it off? Ill drink more water in the coming days and hope the symptoms go away since my doctor says i have no uti anymore.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you catch it in time it definitely helps, I had one start last weekend and also drank loads of water and upped my intake of D-Mannose and within 24hours my symptoms had all but disappeared and within 48hrs it had gone.
  • Posted

I believe if you catch it earlier and do like you did yes you can.  I would continue with the water drinking and clean eating several days more to make sure you rid of it all.  Dmanose might be a good thing to add.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.