Negative HIV test, but Still Worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

So long story short I made an incredibly stupid mistake, and received both unprotected oral sex and also had unprotected vaginal sex with a woman I didn't know the status of. About 3 days later I noticed a red rash just on the head of my penis that didnt spread or itched or no pain at all. I thought it was balanitis, but my doctor said it didn't look like that OR herpes. At 5-6 days I noticed I had the need to urinate more frequently and that I had sore muscles as well as feeling fatigued. I went to my doctor and prescribed me doxycycline for 10 days at 200mg and since then the rash has gone down and so has my need to urinate, but I still feel fatigued a bit, as well as having shooting cramps on my right leg only. (Don't know if this is from the doxy?)

I took an HIV and syphillis test at 8 days and came up negative on both. I took a urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhea today as well, so waiting on those.

I still notice a subtle discharge (and inflammation like the lips of the penis are stuck together) and have still been experiencing a lot of cramping/shooting pain in my right leg. I honestly feel like this is a simple yeast infection, but I will make a desicion based on my test results next week as my next course of action. What do you think?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Might be herpes i guess because my boyfriend has the same problem which i got infected from him,when he has an breakout something like a pimple type pops on his penis but don't worry if you have a herpes because it's not harmful,it can be painful but can make it go away by taking medications,it's much more better than any other disease, it will just remain in your body without harming your body,I've been having herpes for one year now and i don't have any breakouts now,at the beginning you might be having breakouts quite often and it will be painful but if you take your medicine on time it will go away in 5 days,but I'm not sure weather you have herpes or not or fungal infection but just hope for the best results bro.

If you have herpes the thing which looks like pimple(breakout) will be red but not very red with liquid form inside,if you touch it wash your hand immediately otherwise you'll get the infection on your lips too

• Posted

I honestly in my gut don't think it's herpes. My doctor even said it doesn't look like it. These were flesh colored bumps with no liquid in them and no itching or pain at all. I think it's a fungal infection of some sort. It just sucks not knowing.

I've been having crazy bad leg cramps for the past few days. This sucks like hell.

• Posted

Could be mycoplasma genitalium! Doesn’t show up on regular sti tests and a lot of doctors are ignorant of it.. it’s treatable though with 400mg moxifloxacin a day for a week!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.