Negative IgG and positive IgM after five weeks

Posted , 1 user is following.

Five weeks after possible exposure (exposure on June 22 and tested on July 28) I went to the doctor and asked for every test. I feel like this may have been a mistake. So they gave me the test and the only thing I came back positive for was bacterial vaginosis, but then the doctor said he wanted me to come back again because he didn’t understand the herpes test. So I went back for the herpes test. I went and got my results and ImG were negative but the IgM was positive with 2.5. I was wondering if this is correct? Could the BV elevated my IgM levels? Is this a false positive? I am terribly worried. I called the nurse practitioner who approved the test and I asked her why she gave me a test that the CDC said it was not good for detecting herpes but she didn’t have an answer. I said, what does the positive test mean she said she really doesn’t know. She just knows that it can’t tell if it’s herpes one or two, but I probably have one or the other. I’ve never had a breakout. Because of financial reasons I have not had my BV treated since I was diagnosed and I actually am about to start the treatment today. I wasn’t even going to check the test because I read that there can be all these false positive and negatives and be very confusing but I checked anyway because I felt a little pimple on my inner labia. It looks like a little white head from what I see but I was wondering if the BV could be the reason why that pimple is there or do I really have herpes. I know that it can be three months before the other antibodies show up, but can a ImG test be accurate after five weeks ?

I have also felt tingling and itching ever since i had sex even thought the yeast and uti came back negative. But i had bv and a yeast infection and a possible uti.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.