Negative Monospot test.... Confused again

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm sick since august 2019, with lowgrade fevers , pains under my armpit, groin ,muscle aches , pain in neck and shoulder momentarily internal shaking , no swollen lymphnodes , and no sore throat .... after lot bunch of tests they found it i have past EBV infection that causing this. I wanted to run monospot test , so went to nearby clinic who did monospot test by taking the blood using finger pricking technique .... The results seems to be negative for mono ... Im confused further now, as ebv present in my body but monotest s negative... Can someone have symptoms of mono, with monotest being negative? Please help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

monospot looks for acute stage of the infection. Also its not always reliable even then

• Posted

thank you lob .... It was on my self interest to do the test , which i should not have done . Not sure what stage the infection is now ... My fever is the worst thing , i pray to god for that too fall off soon.

• Posted

it could be autoimmune. once I did the autoimmune paleo Diet, omega 3, cbd oil; basically anything anti inflammatory... my fever broke after after 3 months straight! take out garlic, gluten and sugar (my big trigger was yogurt). you'll get relief. it took 3 weeks of the diet but I haven't been sick in months. good luck

• Posted

Thank you for kind words.. Noticeably they have screened me for autoimmune tests twice and it is negative too. I will try to follow your diet and to see for improvements

• Posted

Hi Suku,

You can have EBV without having mono. Mono is an illness caused by the virus EBV.

• Posted

thank you olivia . This EBV infection can also cause glandular fever?

• Posted

Hi Suku,

Glandular Fever and mono are the same thing.

• Posted

I think most people are monospot negative, I heard it is only about two weeks that you test positive. I had a positive monospot and my daughter and grandaughter were monospot negative but EBV positive with elevated blood cell levels caused by recent infection.

• Posted

hello,

you have a very similar story to mine. I was 3 months in when they told me I had past Ebv. I then found this and other forms and my symptoms were alot of what people described here so asked for a mono test which was neg. I also had no swollen lymphnodes or sore throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.