Negative pt and negative ultrasound I still feel pregnant

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies I'm up here hoping to get some feed back and to hear if anyone else has experienced this. I have had 2 negative hpt and 1 negative ultrasound, however I have these pregnancy symtoms that I can't hide

My abdomen has noticeably grown

Fequent urination

Lower back and butt ache

Hunger

Enlarged breast with twinge

Movement in my abdomen underneath my belly button

Light cramping and pulling

I am truly discouraged at this point because I've never been pregnant but I feel pregnant and I keep seeing NEGATIVE RESULTS.. I'm so confused because I didn't want a baby, but I feel like I'm having one. I don't kno what else to besides wait and let time reveal, I'm scared and confused. If anyone has any advice or similar stories I would love to here. Thank you for taking the time out to read my story..

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long ago was the ultrasound? False negative HPT are very, very rare and really are related to testing too early. A uterine pregnancy is clearly visible by 6 weeks. The uterus doesn't rise above the pubic bone until you're entering the second trimester- 12 weeks of pregnancy, which is 10 weeks after conception and 6 weeks after the fetus is visable on ultrasound. Movement isn't felt until 18-ish weeks of pregnancy in the majority of women (16 weeks after conception and 12 weeks after the fetus is visable on ultrasound.)

Good luck!

• Posted

I actually had the ultrasound last night in the E.r and the Dr. Didn't move anywhere she stayed in one spot and said There wasn't a sac. So I felt defeated because I feel otherwise. Also I had unprotected sex in April during my ovulation week so I thought I could be around 16 weeks because of these random symptoms, u mean they came out of Nowhere.

• Posted

If there was no sac that means you definitely are not.. She didn't move in one spot because your uterus is tiny and can be seen.. The baby would be fully noticable right now, unable to be missed.

• Posted

It makes me so confused as to why I feel like this, I just can't shake the feeling of maybe I am. My tummy has even changed in shape, and I'm hungry right after I eat... I don't know huhh it kinda frustrates me just not being sure.

• Posted

If u were 16 weeks ud see more than a sac ud see a pretty much formed baby on scan ur def not pregnant
  • Posted

After I had my son I was constantly feeling things Like this that made me feel pregnant, but I wasn't.. It was phantom symptoms.. You tell yourself that you're having them so your body continues to have them.. Do you maybe want a baby and you just think you don't? Want to be connected more to the man that you had sex with? There's a ton of different psychological reasons this could be happening.. Also something like ovulation can create similar symptoms.

• Posted

I'm just going to let nature take its course and let God do what he does.

• Posted

There is such a condition as a phantom pregnancy either that or could b something like ibs?
  • Posted

I have IBS and diverticular disease. Before I was finally diagnosed, I actually contacted the fella I'd had sex with 5 months earlier and warned him I might be pregnant.

Don't feel crazed by these symptoms, instead ask your doc to do more analysis. My IBS symptoms are:

-Bloating and wind-related situations

-Diarrhoea

-Water retention

My diverticular disease symptoms (when I have a flare up)

-aches and stabbing pain in lower left groin area

-Diarrhoea AFTER a bout of constipation

-Increased temperature

IBS can be triggered off by feeling 'distressed' (I say that rather than stress because some people min-interpret stress with a more chronic condition, like depression or anxiety). I say 'distressed' because it could be something on their mind or in their life that is affecting their health...like worrying about unexplained symptoms.

I hope you get the answers you need xxx

• Posted

Hey Nia27 I’m going through what you went through NEGATIVE urine and ultrasound test yesterday but have pregnancy symptoms and 3 months missed period, were you able to find out if you were pregnant or not? Please help me I’m confused and sound crazy. Did you find out you were pregnant?
    • Posted

Hi ness36920,

What is your update....I am on the same boat as u are...I have negative hpts negative blood work and negative ultrasound too..but I have an ant crawling sensation towards my right and always I feel a tingling sensation to the center of my uterus..I am presently 13 weeks..I am really anxious about what is happening with my body...should I take meds for getting periods...or should I wait..

• Posted

I am on the same boat. I have had 3 negative urine tests, a negative blood test. I researched up every single symptom to do with pregnancy and I have about 18 symptoms. I have an ultrasound test to see what is going on. I feel pregnant.
    • Posted

I have had a similar experience as some of you ladies! I had so many pregnancy symptoms, my most significant I thought was a growing abdomen. But I found out through a ultrasound I have two cysts in my ovaries. After doing research I learned these cyst can cause very similar symptoms as pregnancy. I was very disappointed. I want to share my story with anyone who may be trying to figure out why they keep getting negative test results but so many symptoms.
    • Posted

Hey could you please update. Going through the same thing.

• Posted

I have had a similar experience as some of you ladies! I had so many pregnancy symptoms, my most significant I thought was a growing abdomen. But I found out through a ultrasound I have two cysts in my ovaries. After doing research I learned these cyst can cause very similar symptoms as pregnancy. I was very disappointed. I want to share my story with anyone who may be trying to figure out why they keep getting negative test results but so many symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.