Negative results for UTI so why am i feeling so unwell

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just rang up Doctors to get the results of my UTI tests, as always negative no sign of any infection so im not taking the antibiotics prescribed incase it came back positive. Thing is what is it ? started of a constant desire to empty bladder, with slight burning afterwards, most the discomfort being in the uretha, been 10 days now, had to stop wearing trousers as just to uncomfortable. eased of a bit yesterday but went to loo about 15 minutes ago and just towards the end of the flow got a real bad like feeling i was weeing over a cut or something which of course there isnt. Why dont doctors take a swab from the urthea, the part that is clearly the problem, what cause this and what can i do about it, anyone please. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Susan forgive me,  this is not my area at all ... But don't you need to be examined ?
    • Posted

Well yes you would think so wouldnt you, all i ever get is urine tests, which come back clear, ok so this proves my urine has no infection it but what about other areas? been given treatment for thrush without checking i actually have this, ok i asked for something as i wanted to have something indoors incase things flared up but i dont think this is my problem, probably due to the menapause i dare say, everything seems to point back to this. Im waiting on blood tests for aching legs, will wait till ive had this done and book in another appointment, even the recepetionist said just because the urine is clear doesn't mean you dont have an infection anywhere else.
    • Posted

Hi susan if u get any answers pls let me know too.

Iv been like this for nearly 9 months now.

I came off the pill to try for a bby n since then iv had burning either at the end of wee'in or if i feel i need to wee but it doesnt come out gushing (sorry if too much info) if it gushes out then im fine but if it only comes slowly i feel like i can feel it from the bladder all the way dwn the urethra.

I also get a funny tingling sensation around my clitorus which im asuming is from the urethra but not sure.

I generally feel uncomfortable in my vagina although iv been checked n told no prolapse or thrush even tho they keep pushin thrush & bv remodies down me.

Im due to have a camera in my bladder in a few wks. Im hoping it shows something but something that is easily curable! Have u read up about IC? ... i really hope this is not yours or my case as there seems no cure just trial & error.

Iv also found sex uncomfortable & makes me worse after

Do u have any of my symptoms or any other symptoms?

• Posted

Hi Mimi, since writung this im still having problems, sometimes it feels as though its nesrly gone then out of the blue it stings again and leaves me with the most awfull sensation sometimes so bad i can harsly bear to walk and feela sthough my insides are dropping.  i to feel discomfort in my vagina but unlike you mine is due to menapause.  You say you hsave come off pill top try for a baby so im wondering if the change in your hormones since stopping the pill is causing the problem, with me on the other hand many years ago it was the pill casusing my problem when i had the symptoms every single month. i actually sound mine disappeared when i become pregnant. having had five kids myself i have a slight proplapse too but not bad enough for surgery ive been told. Do let us know when you have had the camera investigation, yes i know what you mean, you want to find something but something that can be cured fro once and for all. ive read about the IC and and yes sex is very uncomfortable for me too, again due to menapausal dryness. do you mind me asking whats your age? If your finding sex uncomfortable then you have two problems, there and the bladder, have they taken proper swabs form you and diagnosed thrush?
    • Posted

Thanks susan. Im 29 this summer. They have done numerous swabs all fine. Iv had treatmnt for thrush even tho i dont tjink i had it but worth a try. Im really at a loss with it all tbh so confused. Thanks for listening & replying & hope ur feelin better soon x

Il let u know re. Cystoscopy ... fingers ctossed hood news!

• Posted

How it would be possible to effectively treat any Patient without firstly perusing their history,   listening to them,  observing how they present and then examining them,  is beyond me.

A good Doctor does all these things and then if required,  sends for tests only to confirm/discount his/her provisional diagnosis.

• Posted

I am a female 27 years old in the usa. I have had this same issue for the past 2 ir 3 years now I have the needing to pee urgency no stds no uti all was well.. I have constant urethra pain weirdness pressure tingeling feeling. I only stop feeling it on rare occasions or barely feel it. I also don't feel it while asleep or just starting to doze off to sleep. I had a cystoscopy with hydrodistention done and I was diagnosed with a urethral stricture. The size of my urethra was only a 4 and most adults are a size 31 or so. You should try a cystoscopy if you haven't already to see what actually is going on. Hopefully you don't have a urethral stricture like I do. I was told I do not have interstitial cystitis.
    • Posted

Just curious, how are you feeling now? Did the pain thingy go away? I've had a cysto myself lately. The sting remains. Posted a question here myself. Thank you!
    • Posted

2016 and I still suffer with this every single day... my urologist that diagnosed me had a stroke & retired and I'm currently pregnant. So I plan on going to another urologist after I have the baby. I so hope I can permanently fix this horrible problem. I've been suffering for 4 years straight now. Any updates on yours?
  • Posted

Hey Susan,

My tests came out negative too (blood, urine etc.). I had pain/stinging/pressure in my urethra so went to see the doc. They advised/did a cystoscopy and found a stricture so I had to go through urethral dilation. The sting/burn and everything CAN suggest you have a non-bacterial infection. Such infections do not show in the tests. You must go and see a doctor asap. 

Now the non-fun part : I'm a guy smile So anything related to female anatomy I'm not gonna comment on that. What I think it could be is a non-bacterial UTI. The doctor can tell best smile

Get well soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.