Negative Rheumatoid Factor Test

Posted , 35 users are following.

Hi All recently had bloods done for Rheumatoid arthritis. Had Rheumatoid Factor test done and ecr test. Both have come back negative. Now waiting to hear from gp about transfering me to see a rheumatologist. Have Oa for about 10 years and also Fibromyaglia. My arthirits had become worse and several of my fingers have become deformed over a short space of time.

Has anyone else have this test come back negative but yet diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel like this is a gem. I’ve been trying to find a thread like this for a while. 

28 yo female. PCP tested for Hashimotos antibodys, inflammatory markers, and something he called a general AID test. Got the call this morning that everything was negative but I’m waiting to see the raw data. I’m feeling hopeless. My symptoms are crazy. Joint pain in toes, knees, hips, elbows, wrists, shoulders, and a few fingers. My left knee joint pain has resulted in my entire leg being sore (fibro? I feel like it’s something more). I’ve always got muscle knots. I almost constantly run a low grade fever without feeling sick. Cold intolerance, my feet are never warm even if I don’t realize they’re cold. I’m fatigued often and easily triggered to cry (unlike me). Other times I get hot flashes in stores while shopping and suddenly start to sweat. Occasional issues with memory and blending words together. Dizzy more often than I should be. At times I’ve had numbness/pins and needles in my fingers and feet due to pain. 

I have psoriasis. Mother has psoriasis and Hashimoto’s. Brother has Crohns. They say if you have one AID you’re more likely to get another. I never realized psoriasis was AID until recently. Does any one else have these symptoms or has had them? I’m feeling so hopeless currently. Luckily I see a rheumatologist in 5 days. 

• Posted

Funny I came across your post but I myself had a negative reading and I am super shocked!  Since I was a teenager I’ve showed positive for RA an my test results showed today showed negative and I am hurting horribly.  I heard stories and to my surprise I’m tested negative.  What is going on????

I too am dumbfounded.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.