Negative tests and symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had high risk anal insertive contact without condom with a ts sex worker 5 weeks after I did get an rash all over my body at the same time a very soar troath, night sweats and dry cough it lasted around 2 weeks now only my rash isn't gone yet but not as red anymore. I tested negative at 5.5 weeks and at 51 days (7 weeks) is it possible I have hiv despite 2 negative tests?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Did you have a blood test to test for HIV or pin prick. If blood test then according to what I have been told that teat can pick up the virus 4 weeks after exposure so you should be safe. I just had really bad tonsillitis two weeks after oral sex. My doctor said it was unlikely to be oral gonorrhea but I am still anxious so I understand where you are coming from. For me the condom came off as he was pulling out - it didn't come off inside me but the tip of it stayed inside and I have been stressing myself sick even though I am sure there was no contact. Try not to worry and test again in 4 weeks for peace of mind. Good luck 

• Posted

I really think you are worrying yourself sick over nothing. Perhaps the rash was brought on by stress. So easy to imagine you have something when you are stressing about it. 
    • Posted

Hello, no I had no stress about hiv before rash occurred and the doc confirmed it looks like pityriasis rosea there are multiple spots generalized over my body I can't just create them sorry

• Posted

Is there any1 who can tell my test results are conclusive no matter what cuz I read a lot about window in France is 6 weeks and a lot of hiv experts confirm
  • Posted

I had some tests done yesterday and the nurse days 4th gen test at 4 weeks is pretty much conclusive but I could always retest at 12 weeks.  Trust your doctor I would say. I know you engaged in risky behaviour but perhaps that person isn't positive. It's possible

• Posted

I don't trust my doc she said my symptoms doesn't look like acute hiv symptoms but I read sore throat rash and fever are then biggest 3 I got 2 Of 'm so she's not educated well

• Posted

All the symptoms you are describing sounds like HIV , specially night sweats and rash all over your body , its to early to test. they usually say test for any std and wait 3-4months so your body can build up antibodies for it.  But it also can be you’re jst creating these thoughts in your head bc of anxiety but deff test again in 2 months 
    • Posted

You could be right on both accounts. I am going to wait for the three month test just to be sure although the nurse said that one month is usually long enough. 

Keep us updated OP, wishing you all the best

• Posted

A 4th generation blood test is usually accurate at 4 weeks.  But a second test is recommended at 12 weeks to be conclusive.   You cannot rely on symptoms for a HIV diagnosis, as the symptoms are pretty generic for a lot of things.  And our bodies respond in different ways.     Just be retested and try to not stress about it.  Having 2 negative tests is a good sign.    Fingers crossed everything is fine.  All the best.   
    • Posted

I have sore throat and white tongue for year .this is happened after risky explosure one year ago I tested multiple times for hiv and result came back negative.Still I am worried I am hundred percent sure it's hiv but doctor look on test not symptoms.

• Posted

If you have had multiple tests that have all been negative then you need to trust them!! Believe your doctors.   A sore throat and white tongue can be caused by many things.   So you practice good oral hygiene and clean your tongue daily?  
    • Posted

Thanks for you kind feedback.is elisa 4th generation test is reliable after 12months .
    • Posted

Yes. The 4th generation test checks for antibodies and antigens.  It’s is accurate after 4 weeks after exposure. And conclusive after 12 as some may take longer to produce antibodies.   The antigen is dectable between 1-8 weeks. Unless you have had new potential exposures then your test is accurate and conclusive.  You need to trust the tests and stop wasting time and resources unnecessarily.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.