Nephrotic Syndrome Prednisolne side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome when I was 5. I then beat it when I was 12 but had a relapse when I was 14 then another one the following year when I was 15. I was given prednisolne both times and I didnt really have any bad side effects. I was more hungry and gained the moonface symptom after the second week because I was taking high dosages. I then got another relapse yesterday and I'm 18 now. I had diarrhea too. I received prednisole again but with much lower dosages. I took 30mg today and I already lost all my appetite, I get bloated easily and I'm constipated so I don't poop a lot. Now I have a mild stomach pain which is not bad and I can handle it. I talked about it with my doctor and got told to just stay on the cycle as it would probably go away. Anyone got any tips? Just want to make sure everything is normal.

Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.