Nerve ablation

Posted , 11 users are following.

In a few days I'm going back to see the anesthesiologist to discuss whether I'm going to have nerve ablation, a procedure where they burn out the nerve with an electrical spark. I have PHN on the right side of the head, it means permanent headaches. I've had it nearly two years and it could be said I'm managing more or less with the medication - Neurontin and Lyrica and the one at night Trigonom, I can't remember how to spell it. But the headache is still there of course, only dulled. I can't decide what to do, have the ablation or tell the doc I'll come back later maybe if it becomes truly intolerable. So I'm asking everyone in this forum, what would you do in my situation?

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've have PHN 4 years now and on Gapaentin max dose. 18m a day..

Which thankfully is controlling my pain and stabing  to a tolerable level in comparision to so many others, I can only pray for  them and yourself. Whilst I'm anxious to get off my med. I don't  know anything about nerve ablation. I undestand one will do anything to rid this awful pain. I'm going to ask my doc for aciclover cream as so many have mentioned. I trust you will be successful.

I'm sorry I can't be of any help to you, it's a decision you'll have to make and I'm sure it will be the right oen for you after you have weighted up the pros & cons.  . .   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.