Nerve and muscle pain in legs...

Posted , 4 users are following.

So a little over a week ago I started experiencing nerve pain in my right leg. It's starts at my bum and goes down the back of my leg. It's uncomfortable to walk, sit, and get in my car. Now today, the muscle in my left leg started cramping, twitching and tightening while I was trying to take a nap. It stopped shortly after but I'm on that time of the month right now. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The nerve pain in your right leg I would guess might be your sciatica.   It is very painful and pain meds never seem to help me much but A chyropractor fixes mine when it goes out.

The other pain in your left leg, is it your calf?  In that case you might need to add some potassium to your diet in the way of bananas or watermelon, and drink lots of water.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! Yes I keep being told its the sciatic nerve. Not sure what that is or why it's bothering me now but its another annoying symptom I'm experiencing these days. Then the cramping muscles in my legs just started today. I'm starting to worry about what the heck is going to be next...this is BS.

• Posted

Sciatica is a pinched nerve. Tell your Dr. Should be able to be fixed.

• Posted

Ohhh I have learned to just go with the physical parts of peri...but the mental/emotional are more than I can bear!  I hope I never ever fall into the rabbit hole again!  lol!
  • Posted

Dear valarie

Yes I get muscle cramps always in right leg aand sometimes pain, again in right leg! It always seems to happen when lying down, make sure you arent low in magnesium and drink enough water as this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.