nerve blocks

Posted , 4 users are following.

mmmm that would make it difficult being a single lady, the burning question i have is, do people ever fully recover from CRPS? because everything i have read so far seems to suggest not!!!! has anyone on here ever heard of people totally recoevring? i work in real estate so it is making my job very difficult i have been office bound for 4 months now and i do not think my employer will want this to carry on much longer 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well I think it depends on your original injury  ,just like the word cancer covers a multitude of medical conditions I think CRPS is a sweeping term .
  • Posted

Many years ago I jammed my fingers in a very heavy, solid door. My finger nail came off and I developed CRPS in my fingers. I couldn't bend my fingers at all, they were stiff and sore and red. After hand therapy with a physiotherapist trained specifically to deal with hand injury I totally recovered. In fact I can't even remember which hand Was injured . However , 4 years ago I sprained my ankle and developed CRPS again, this  time unfortunately it is not resolving and I suspect this is permanent. I think the recovery depends on several factors , the initial injury, your general overall health, any genetic predisposition, and your initial treatment. Good luck 
  • Posted

Hi Jane. My dr told me that his sister-in-law developed CRPS in her knee after surgery and since it she was diagnosed very early she has no more symptoms. He told me she has returned to running every morning and although it took several months and lots of physical therapy she is back to normal. For me it took several months to get the proper diagnosis and my dr says I will have this permanently. I am on disabilty due to CRPS. Nerve blocks haven't been of any help so I take my meds and make sure to exercise thru the pain.
  • Posted

You do not say how long ago you had your injury nor what type of injury which might give an idea of recovery time .I strongly believe that certain bone injuries take longer to recover in certain people ,at the large physio hospital where I was 120 in patients ( maybe the same number of out patients ) the physio ´s all knew of this disease and I was told that with certain injuries there is a very high incidence of CPS up to 50%.I was assured that most are free from CPS after a year .
    • Posted

5 years ago I had pnuemonia and was in a coma for 5 days. When I woke up I had no feeling in my right foot. Within 2days I had severe pain. My foot became so swollen and it looked like it had been burned. In November I fell and broke my two bones going into my ankle. The fractures themselves didn't change the CRPS symptoms but once I had surgery and 2 plates were put it has intensified. I'm so scared the CRPS will become as unbearable as it was in the very beginning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.