Nerve damage following knee op

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi, only me again, over the last week or so, on my left side which is the side the last knee was done , in the bum cheek/hip area, if I drag my self across bed or lean on that side whilst laying down, or even stand on that leg alone, I get really horrible feeling, like I've been stung by several wasps all at once, I have to really rub it untill it dies down, . I'm assuming it's neve damage, ? Will it go? It's not something I'd like to keep. 😟

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi MandyΒ 

I have a bit of nerve damage at the left side of my knee ..its numb all the time but only around the knee from what you describe it sounds as if something pressing on a nerve might lesson and go away it time or why not ask doc ..

• Posted

Hi Mandy I had a similar problem in the mid thigh area until about 15 weeks....I say that roughly as I can't pinpoint exactly when it stopped, it was just about then when I noticed x
    • Posted

Oh right so hopefully it will go, it's very painfull, but not constant, I have several numb areas, which is fine, I have several from my other surgerys, but this is defernatly more a nerve thing, takes your breath away. Not nice. 😟
    • Posted

Mine definitely disappeared but if it continues just check it with your GP. I have numb bits that I'm presuming will always be that way now. On my last surgery attempt I had an arterial nerve block put in....yet more numb bits 2 weeks on but hoping I lose some of that. I'll not feel most of the leg at this rate. Although I get my stitches out tomorrow, I'm sure I'll feel that 😁
    • Posted

Ooh good luck, I really didn't like those staples , I to have numb bits every where,neck , stomach, three on there, and now legs, I can nearly pinch my self all over and not feel a thing.lol if it wasn't for this wasp nest on my bum I'd be fine, lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.