Nerve pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

me again! Another day, another symptom. This virus really is unbelievable! So I'm in my 12th week of glandular fever & feeling much better but still really tired, weak, occasionally dizzy & have a swollen neck gland. I've now started suffering with what I believe is nerve pain, feels like its potentially the sciatic nerve as it comes from the lower back down to my leg. Has anyone else experienced nerve pain?

Best wishes to all

Gill xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Gill,

yes, I did experience this. it lasted about 2 days and followed some serious mono anxiety and a racing heart

• Posted

Hi Gill,

Sorry to hear you're getting bothered with sciatic / nerve type pain. I certainly can empathise with this as someone who has had bother in the past with sciatica and also issues with lower back, it is a horrible thing. The number 1 thing I would recommend for sciatica is a treatment called Bowen Therapy, it is a very natural alternative therapy, non evasive, very gentle and safe, much less evasive than physio or chiropractic or anything like that. I tried all these different treatments when sciatica hit me about 9 years ago, nothing seemed to work, and someone suggested this Bowen Therapy which I had never heard of before. It made such a difference and really helped that pain to go away, it was amazing and I've been getting Bowen Therapy ever since then has been very helpful to me. It can take a few sessions to fully take hold, but maybe worth looking into see if there is someone locally that does it - only thing is the cost for me it's £35 per session (UK money), but maybe worth a try for a couple of sessions if you are able to and see if it helps.

Hoping so much all these horrible symptoms of glandular fever subside Gill, remember just hang in there and take things slowly right now, a day at a time - all these symptoms will pass over and you will get better with time, it's just so hard to be patient and to deal with the awful symptoms and reality of this virus each day when going through it I know - it got me so down and I found it so hard to get through and cope with.

But there is hope Gill, it does get better with time and even if it takes a little while for complete and full recovery, don't panic it can be normal to take a while to get full resilience and strength back again after this thing, but it does come and absolutely you will get through this and get better again! Thinking about you and hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

yes. im 19 and got mono last year and still get flare ups when im stressed but the nerve pain has never completely gone. nerve pain was my biggest symptom. its certainly normal with this virus

• Posted

Hang in there Nicole, you've been through such a tough time just hoping and praying for better times ahead - believing that 2019 is going to be a much better year for you and trusting God He is gonna get you through this I do believe it.

Thinking of you and just a word of encouragement - even after a year or longer, this thing can and does improve - it often takes extended time for your body to fully recover but it will get there, that second year can be the one where things really start to change for the better - hoping and praying for that for you Nicole.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Gill!

Near the start of my experience with mono I got really bad back pain that could be the same as to what you're currently experiencing. It only lasted for a few days then died back down thankfully. With this virus you get aches and pains in the weirdest of places so as hard as it is to not worry about it, it is all completely normal and will pass!

• Posted

Hi George,

Definitely agreeing that this virus causes all sorts of weird and horrible aches and pains, I had a horrible phase which lasted a few weeks where all my joints and muscles were particularly sore, even sorer than normal with this thing, but it did pass thankfully and looking back that was actually just before God really started to bring about a full recovery in my body which was down to Him only I know that for sure.

And remember taking this time off like you have been doing is a wise and sensible thing George. I took had to take a considerable time out of work while going through this, so when you read of others who continue to work or go to uni or whatever, don't let it make you think you should be doing that because everyone is different and sometimes I think people push things too soon by trying to press on with work / studies when they really need time out - and believing that you will get back to a normal and active way of life again with a little time George so hang in there and still truly believing you are going to get through this and get better - absolutely you will! Hoping for a settled weekend and thinking about you still.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.