Nerve pain after TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had 1 partial knee replacement and then 3 years layer TKR. Three years ago I had a TKR on my other knee. I'm now experiencing horrific nerve pain from knee down to ankle. Am taking Gabapenti . Any other suggestions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawnsusan

I do not know about the pain? I was wondering what happened that you ended up with the TKR after the PKR? I will be two years in May with my partial. All is going great, occasional pain etc. if I over do it. Hopeful to never have to have the total. My Doc assured me if I take care of it it should last my lifetime. I was 58 at surgery time.

Debbie

• Posted

I am in the same boat, the nerve pain also taking gabapenti. I think mine is the result of herniated discs l4 &l5.

Just had mri, again, to see, what? Good luck to you I hope it goes away with time

• Posted

I get sharp shooting nerve pain on my knee and also take Gabapentin in day and Tramadol at night. Cramp in calf at night means I can't get settled.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.