Nerve pain and muscle spams all over - what's wrong with me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the past 16 months the patient has experienced a range of neuromuscular symptoms and injuries across the body. Nerve pain has occured in all four limbs, more significant in the left leg and arm. Muscular spasms have occurred in the left calf, left hamstring, left quad, right foot, lumbar back, and the neck. Certain injuries or symptoms have resolved, while many remain ongoing. The majority of the symptoms have begun without a clear cause other than too much activity. MRI testing of teh head, neck and spine have been unrevealing. Blood tests have been unrevealing. EMG of the left leg has demonstrated nerve damage. The patient's functional limitations average around 5000 steps per day, with a maximum walking or standing endurance of 15-20 minutes, and overall arm use/movement at approximately 30% of normal. Pain levels fluctuate largely from 2-7/10 depending on activity. Physiotherapy has helped the patient regain some function and reduce some pain, but not addressed the overarching problem. Mental health symptoms include significant anxiety, mild depression and difficulty sleeping. At this time doctors, including a general practitioner, a rheumatologist and a neurologist, are unsure of a diagnosis, prognosis or treatment plan moving forward. Neurontin has had no effect.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

im currently in the same boat i woke up with sensory nerve damage to all 4 limbs i have had none stop tingling for 32 months now without a second break ,also twitching and wierd sensations ,ive also developed where everything i touch sends a second signal to my right foot like refered itch but its permanent everything goes to the right foot i was perfectly fine before this happened overnight ,im a medical mystery drs neuros have never seen anyone like me so im just left this way with no relief at all nothing works to ease it there are ppl out there who drs just cant help as theve no idea what is wrong ivd had every test also there all normal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.