nerve pain from shingles

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm 28 years old and have been diagnosed with post hepatic neuralgia after having tested positive for shingles 5 or 6 years ago  . I always hurt on my left , upper abdominal area right below my ribs . The pain is a   , severe , stabbing , type pain , but the rash that i get is usually on the underside of my right forearm . I show every doctor the rash and they're like wow that looks just like a shingles rash , but again and again im always told that shingles wont cross the body . So they usually disregard the rash  and dont believe me that i only get the rash when im hurting really badly . 

Its so discouraging ! 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had right hand facial PHN (cheek and forehead) since late September, 2017. Currently not too fatigued, but for the first week I could barely get out of bed ! Gabapentin I did not get on with so I take  Amitryptylene 50 mg, every night. For pain killers I use CoCodamol 30/500. On Gaba I felt very unsteady on my feet; this compounded by a minor stroke on my left side 21 months ago; I have had a stent to get my blood pressure down, hopefully reducing my risk re a 2nd stroke. Colin, England.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.